Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after almost a year and a quarter of owning this thing I finally got around to lowering it. I only used a set of springs(for now) but I have to say ride is comparable on the highway and much improved in the corners(even before I put the rims back on)

It is an 1.5 lower up front and 1.75 lower in the rear.

I am pretty pleased with it:thumb:

And I have a Mugen bumper just waiting to get painted and fitted in the next couple of months. The car on the left in the picture with 2 ludes in it is the donor car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Damn, another thing you own that I'm going to have to take for a spin! :smilebig:

Looks good, still love the Prelude's. One question though, does it cause internal bleeding on rough roads?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the roads around here are not really great either...:rolleyes: I really have not found it to be too bad, mind you I have also been driving like an old woman on her way to church:rotfl: I have not hit anything hard enough to go oh shi... that hurts...knock on wood.

The hood scoop things are not mine, they are purely for looks I think, I belive that they call it a hood bonnet? not sure though?? I could have bought it for about $100 but, I was not really "keen" on it.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Northern RR said:
Yeah the roads around here are not really great either...:rolleyes: I really have not found it to be too bad, mind you I have also been driving like an old woman on her way to church:rotfl: I have not hit anything hard enough to go oh shi... that hurts...knock on wood.

The hood scoop things are not mine, they are purely for looks I think, I belive that they call it a hood bonnet? not sure though?? I could have bought it for about $100 but, I was not really "keen" on it.
The way I was with my car, if it didn't have a FUNCTION, it wasn't going on.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mojave954 said:
The way I was with my car, if it didn't have a FUNCTION, it wasn't going on.
Yeah, I really don't like too many cosmetic things on the car, nice and simple. Mind you some JDM fog lights would be nice. As well as a set of HID's but... I have other stuff in mind first:thumb:

I like the H22, but I just wish that they were not as prone to the oil comsumption issues as they are. Mine is good, but I am just a little nervous about the long run.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I lowered the rear more because I wanted it to sit "level" or very close to it as it was stock the rear was slightly higher.

And really the ride is not that horrible...honest;)

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Northern RR said:
I lowered the rear more because I wanted it to sit "level" or very close to it as it was stock the rear was slightly higher.

And really the ride is not that horrible...honest;)
It's not about the ride... FWD cars typically squat in the rear when you get on the gas so manufacturers sometimes put the back of the car up in the air to minimize the squatting. That's why I found it weird that you lowered the rear more.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
The car beside yours in the pic is an example of how you can turn a beautiful Prelude into something really tacky. He's even got the single wiper "mod". :rolleyes:

THose gen 5 'Ludes are one of my favorite all-time cars. Would love to own one.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
The Enzo doesen't squat at all in the rear even under full throttle. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Nice whip Northern :thumb: though I have to ask why you referred to your car as the 'donor' car? got something planned we should know about ;)

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I should make that more clear, I have the bumper from the car on the left in that pic, it isn't mine.

and I have always said If I blow this thing up, she'll make a nice "project" no intercooler...yet;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I lowered my Prelude and it was so annoying. Seriously. It handled like a go-cart, but I couldn't just drive it. I always had to watch the road instead of traffic to make sure I wasn't going to bottom out. Here in Michigan, the difference between on-road and off-road is that you know where the holes are off-road.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts