Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried this weekend and nothing happend i loosend one side at a time the top two bolts then the bottom two and nothing at all. Im trying to lower the front because i am lowering rear 2inches. Can anyone show me pics or step by step to lowering the front. It is at stock height now just stretched and i want to feel more comfortable on it by putting both feet flat on ground. Thanks guys

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks will do . do you know how much i can go with out worrying about travel? I just saw one in the FS thread and it had the forks coming thru about 1.5 inches:eek: i want it to be low and stiff i got the link for the rear and i ocasionally pull my gf on it so i dont wanna be bouncing all over the place and getting caught on driveways if its too low also my rear strut looks like the grooves around it have been moved to give a lower stance. Is that possible> Im putting the link on it and of the strut is lowered im gonna put it back to stock setting. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
The travel of the forks will remain the same, you just have to worry about striking your fairings or headers of you ever bottom out.

1.5in seems not too unreasonable at all.

When youre doing all your lowering work, hop on the bike and bounce it around to see if it clears, if so, then off you go.

·
Registered
240 Posts
What I would recommend doing is to first back out all of the compression damping and preload (make the forks full soft) and then lower the front a little, then bounce it hard and try to bottom the front end. if it doesn't hit, you'll most likely be ok.

You'll then want to stiffen it back up some for actually riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.