Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one tried lowering the front on a 929 or 954??? gonna try it out on the gixxer i've heard good things but don't know about the 929

·
Registered
593 Posts
superRR said:
any one tried lowering the front on a 929 or 954??? gonna try it out on the gixxer i've heard good things but don't know about the 929
I've lowered the front of my 929 8mm and it works for me. Makes the bike just that bit sharper.

·
Registered
998 Posts
The front if my 954 is also lowered approximately 10mm (measured from the top the top edge of the triple clamp to the top of the fork tube/fork cap mating surface) I also have a 4mm spacer for the rear shock which I havnt got around to putting on at the moment, but had one on my previous 954 and it sure made a noticeable improvement to its cornerering ability!
p.s my bike also has 0.90kg/mm fork springs with front sag set at 28mm and rear 30mm (I weigh ~195lbs)

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Jungleboy said:
The front if my 954 is also lowered approximately 10mm (measured from the top the top edge of the triple clamp to the top of the fork tube/fork cap mating surface) I also have a 4mm spacer for the rear shock which I havnt got around to putting on at the moment, but had one on my previous 954 and it sure made a noticeable improvement to its cornerering ability!
p.s my bike also has 0.90kg/mm fork springs with front sag set at 28mm and rear 30mm (I weigh ~195lbs)
Was the you cruising through bondi beach about 6pm this evening?

Z...

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
ND4SPD said:
Are you looking for quicker turn-in or drag racing? Just wondering.
I think he is looking for the 'pose factor' :hyper:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
ND4SPD said:
He doesn't ride an RC
Nope, I don't. It dosen't make me a bad person. I like my XX on the street and my 929 on the track though :cheers:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
superRR said:
lookin for quicker turn-in at the track
Try raising the forks in the triple clamps 5mm, see how you like it. Then you can raise the tail a few mm too. Make sure your suspension is 'set up' right BEFORE you move things around.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CBRBob said:
Try raising the forks in the triple clamps 5mm, see how you like it. Then you can raise the tail a few mm too. Make sure your suspension is 'set up' right BEFORE you move things around.
gotcha

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Anyone having ground clearance problems on the 954, like apparantly the 929's had when lowered?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
ratter1 said:
Anyone having ground clearance problems on the 954, like apparantly the 929's had when lowered?
I never had any problems. The GMD guy raised the forks a bit more than I did as well. He did raise the rear of the bike too and both ends have the RIGHT springs for the bike/me combo. You guys running stock front springs, time to get the right ones for you. :smilebig:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jungleboy said:
The only problem Ive had is the front fender hitting the under side of the fairing under full travel, there is also a mark on the fender from the horn!

If you're bottoming like that you definitely need to tweak your suspension settings.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts