Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the Street Bikes Unlimited lowering link in the mail. It is the one that lowers 2 or 4 inches. My questions is the end with the tree holes goes twords the rear tire? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can someone tell me why everyone is removing lowering link? I am doing it because the seat is to high. Is this a bad thing?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Can someone tell me why everyone is removing lowering link? I am doing it because the seat is to high. Is this a bad thing?
Because it seriously messes up the handling.
Have you considered lowering and/or narrowing just the seat instead of the bike?
I'm 6'1" and my girlfriend is 5'6" and she rides my bikes fine.

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Because it seriously messes up the handling.
Have you considered lowering and/or narrowing just the seat instead of the bike?
I'm 6'1" and my girlfriend is 5'6" and she rides my bikes fine.
You know blade its amazing how much difference that extra 1" makes also she may have longer legs than him too :idunno:
More a confidence thing really, mind you peddling it back is a bummer I tell ya :D

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
You know blade its amazing how much difference that extra 1" makes also she may have longer legs than him too :idunno:
More a confidence thing really, mind you peddling it back is a bummer I tell ya :D
That's true :)
But when you consider how much time you spend standing still and riding I'd rather keep the handling.
I had a friend that rode a Harley and she was under five-feet so she had the seat lowered and had very thick soles fitted to her riding boots.

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
That's true :)
But when you consider how much time you spend standing still and riding I'd rather keep the handling.
I had a friend that rode a Harley and she was under five-feet so she had the seat lowered and had very thick soles fitted to her riding boots.
Boot manufacters Daytona here make a "ladies" boot which has a concelled sole in the inside so it looks normal, I think the pr guy needs to rename it.

Problem with being very tippy toes sudden stops in traffic or the likes can mean a tip over, especailly if the guy/girl isnt fairly strong. It can also lead to peeps leaving the bike at home if its fairly breezy, they have enough probs keeping it up at lights etc without the added pressure of the wind. Slow manouvering turning is scary cause if you hit the front a little to much, over it goes, its a worry lol.

problems problems :rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree. Being vertically challenged with a 29" inseam makes it tough when things happen unexpectedly. I dumped my VFR the other day when someone backed their car out right in front of me. He was parked next to a Chevy Suburban...couldn't see me and I couldn't see him.

It's one thing to stand on your tiptoes when everything is under control. But in situations like that, it sure would be nice to have a little more leverage on the bike.

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
I agree. Being vertically challenged with a 29" inseam makes it tough when things happen unexpectedly. I dumped my VFR the other day when someone backed their car out right in front of me. He was parked next to a Chevy Suburban...couldn't see me and I couldn't see him.

It's one thing to stand on your tiptoes when everything is under control. But in situations like that, it sure would be nice to have a little more leverage on the bike.
Know exactly what you mean, Ive got the T shirt too:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts