Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts

Used one of these on a 929 to raise! the ride height and got about an inch higher, it would have had no problem dropping the height by 3 inches if needed.

Downside is that it wasn't the best quality and introduced a bit of play into the suspension that was picked up as an advisory on the MoT. Took it off and got rid, installed a CBR1000RR swinging arm instead :)

GG

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
I've got a 900RR and I'm a short @rse (5 ft 3 in) but rather than lower the bike I shaved the seat as I didn't want to be affecting the handling or the bike set up..

You can read about it HERE

It took a bit of time but made all the difference to riding the bike for me :D

·
Registered
993 Posts
Unless you're looking to seriously cut a fraction of a second off your 1/4 mile time or you are really short... don't lower your bike beyond the factory pre-load adjustment in the rear or else expect horible handling.

I lowered my wife's F3 so she could ride it... she's obviously doesn't care about handling cause she drives really conservative... but when I ride the bike it handles like crap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah I purchased their lowering kit for my busa. Came with those and a machined spacer so I could slide my fork tubes up. Everything is top knotch. An r1 I had came with the links with the brass bushing in them and they always squeaked and I hated them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts