Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've given my dealer and Lockart-Phillips almost two months to get me the carbon fiber frame sliders I ordered, but I'm tired of waiting for the backorder to catch up. I was supposed to get them by the end of May, but as I continue to get more aggressive and confident in my cornering, I'm growing increasingly uncomfortable with not having sliders. I just ordered some Vortex frame sliders from Kneedraggers.com. - I can't wait any longer!

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
I personally think LP sucks. They're huge and have a large presence in the sport, but that's my opinion after dealing with them more times than I care to repeat.

Sorry to hear about your situation, but you're doing the right thing. My IP frame and swingarm sliders are a bit on the vanilla side, but are battle tested tough. I'd not ride another sportbike or sporty standard without them.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I'm looking for frame sliders too. The carbon inlay sliders look trick, but I heard that the bolts can snap off during a spill and possibly cause more damage. The aluminum head also doesn't slide as well as the plastic ones.

I think you're doing the right thing in getting the Vortex dude!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I bought some sliders off of Ebay and paid the price for it. Turns out that the bolts they sent with the sliders were not the same thread pattern. After I lost one slider while riding down the road things got real bad. My buddy saw something fall off the 929 and stopped to pick it up. Turns out that the bolts they sent had damaged the engine case and pretty much stripped one out and nearly the other. Had to get a heli-coil (sp) installed in each side. Luckily the mechanic was a guy I knew and got it done under warranty. Labor and a set of Intuitive sliders only cost me $100. But good quality sliders that are designed to do the job correctly and manufactured by a reputable source. My .02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts