Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned alot of cans and pipes on alot of bikes. The list includes TBR, Yoshi, Akrapovic, Giannelli and, now, M4. I was looking for something relatively fresh, a can that I'd not owned before and didn't see on other CBRs around town.

My reaction to my new M4 is one of satisfaction.

Made in Dallas, Texas, it's h-e-a-v-y, in fact I'd wager a good bit heavier than the stock titanium can, yet heavy in a good way as if to suggest high quality and durability. The polish is a veritable mirror with gleaming aluminum end caps front and back. I dig the laser etched M4 insignia on the outlet.

It looks like the company is what I've been hearing (underrated) and I can say it appears M4 is every bit TBR or Yoshi's equal in terms of build quality, and a far cry better than Giannelli. Welds, finish, heft, etc, it's all there. Oh, the packaging was exceptional as well (for those which that sort of thing is important). Multiple layers of redundant bubble-wrap, cardboard and butcher's paper. Good stuff.

The can fit well, looks good on the bike, provides a very snarly sound signature at full whip. It's a bit louder than my Akrapovic was, but isn't a raspy, put-you-in-jail loud like D&D.

In short, I'm pretty satisfied.

PIC

PIC

PIC

Edit: pics of the can on the bike down below. Scroll...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Thank GAWD you remembered to put some clothes on this time before shooting pics!

Nice pipe. Looks like it might be hard to keep that mirror finish, though...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Chain you bastard,

Hurry up and post some on bike pics or else Ill have to post some rather offensive emoticons ! Lol

SS

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Chain : and that's going to have to wait for my 954th post and the end of Chain's activity here on the board.

Soon...  
  What do you mean, 'end of Chain's activity here on the board'?!  Where the hell are you going?

Edit: Remember, I still have your yahoo address, so 'you can run, but you can't hide' .

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Chain : and that's going to have to wait for my 954th post and the end of Chain's activity here on the board.

Soon...  
Oh no, say it isn't so.
Even if you buy another bike you still have to keep popping in here and say g'day

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
He's not leaving....notice he said 'Chain's' activity....he's just gonna change his calling card again....

Any suggestions....my favorite was Pudstretcher...

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
The pic was about I hour after I got the bike, it now has a red seat on the back of it

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Baketech : He's not leaving....notice he said 'Chain's' activity....he's just gonna change his calling card again....

Any suggestions....my favorite was Pudstretcher...
Thanks god for that.

pud stretcher sounds good

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who said anything about me changing my nick?

Nope, haven't bought a new bike. I'm on the CBR for an indefinite period of time. Can't afford that Road Star Warrior I've been mulling over lately. Too many pending expenses, what with the wedding and the spectre of Little Chains after the big day.

I'll post a sound/vid clip of the can later tonight. I think it sounds pretty darned good.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Chain : Who said anything about me changing my nick?
How about 'Can Tester'....kind of rhymes with Chainstretcher.....could be dangerous though...might stir Bacci's loins a bit....

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Good for you...hope you enjoy it. I was really impressed by the looks and sound of the M4 pipe after seeing/hearing it on a few 600s. People here get flamed all the time for wanting a louder slip-on, and I think it's . As long as you don't act like a squid you won't be one.

Enjoy the pipe!

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Baketech : Quote (Chain @ July 11 2003, 8:09am)Who said anything about me changing my nick?
How about 'Can Tester'....kind of rhymes with Chainstretcher.....could be dangerous though...might stir Bacci's loins a bit....

OK, there's my meaningful post for the morning - off to jury duty now...

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ER : Good for you...hope you enjoy it.  I was really impressed by the looks and sound of the M4 pipe after seeing/hearing it on a few 600s.  People here get flamed all the time for wanting a louder slip-on, and I think it's .  As long as you don't act like a squid you won't be one.

Enjoy the pipe!
CanTester sez:

Thanks ER.

Yep, it's a pretty nice piece. I doubt I'll ever do another slip-on with this particular bike. If anything, I'd eventually do a high quality full system (perhaps the Arata or Akra Evo) and a PC3, custom mapped. For now though, I'm plenty happy. The M4 sounds and looks nice, and the bike is plenty fast.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ccwilli3 : ummmm...  did you say it was heavy?  
Well, not brick-heavy, but 'heavy' in terms of apparent build quality I guess. Truth be told, I've not actually weighed the can side by side with the stocker to know for sure. But it's aluminum and isn't like a chunk of iron sitting there, just for the record.

And as promised jafo, a little vid clip.

You'll here me say 'Okay Scotty, here goes' or somesuch on the tape; he's a good friend of mine who went on the Hoot trip with me. He asked for a clip days ago, I made one, and I'll simply post it instead of making another one. Also, you'll note that I say 'It's definitely loud....' at the end of the tape. Well, I ran out of time with my little Canon. What I was saying, that which you didn't hear, was, 'It's definitely loud(er than my Akra, maybe louder than Yoshi too. About TBR volume I'd say).'

Right-Click and Save

Edit: Pics for Surfer...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts