Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our endurance team took third in class and 9th overall today at the 4 hour race in Cresson TX. Its actually better than it sounds since we started the year with a GSXR1000 and have since had to use our GSXR600 because the 1000 is too unreliable. The 1000 put us in a class with all liter bikes so the 600 is kind of handicapping us. Today a couple bikes went out due to crashes and mechanical failures which put us up near the top. Had we entered the class with all the other 600s we would probably be near the top for the year. Anyways, kinda happy with our finish. Just one last race at College Station for the year at Texas World.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At some tracks it is an advantage to be on a 600 but there are some that are all about speed. Our 1000 is an ex AMA bike that has more HP than we need (more than I can use) but two of our members (myself included) are in their first year of endurance riding. The others are 16 year and 7 year experts. The 600 is easier on tires which is a plus since we cant use any kind of quick change setups on our bike for this class.
Dont get me wrong, the 1000 is reliable, three out of four members like the 600 better though.
I just checked the teams in our class. What I saw were two GSXR750s, an R1, and a GSXR1000 that finished ahead of us in the previous race. We are running an 05 GSXR600 and an 03 GSXR1000.
I think next year will be a much better year for us.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Congrats, Diesel! :thumb: I here the track improvements at Cresson make it a great venue for CMRA.

I'll be pit working for a friend's team at the next round at TWS, I'll look you up. ;)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats, Diesel! :thumb: I here the track improvements at Cresson make it a great venue for CMRA.

I'll be pit working for a friend's team at the next round at TWS, I'll look you up. ;)
Cool, sounds good. Look for the number 10 bikes along with a couple with number 68 on them in the infield. They will all be the same color-maroon and silver.
They built a whole new track that has some wild elevation changes. Havent been on it yet but they do the new rider schools on it and the instructors are hauling ass. Looks like fun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts