Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 99 900rr decided to put 21 volts through my battery last week and fried it, so I unhooked the reg/rec completely and was planning on charging the cheap Wal-Mart battery after every ride until my new reg/rec and battery come. But for the past three days I've been riding and checking the battery and it's been consistent at 12.7 except when cranking it goes to 11.8 then back to 12.7-8 once it starts? even without the reg/rec hooked up at all?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
:thumb: Wal-mart batteries are self-charging, that's why they use them on race bikes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Some of the Walmart batteries are better than others. It depends on how long it is in the store. The longer it's in the store, the stronger it is.

See, they feed off of the misery of the employees, so a few weeks in they are self sustaining for at least 10 years. No need to charge those bad boys. Walmart has perfected this energy absorption system, no other retailer can match.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Actually, the Walmart battery is sucking the life force out of you as you ride and turning it into electricity. Do you feel a little tired after a ride?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts