Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Just happenned to turn up on my doorstep today - (I can't take a pic of it as my GF has taken the camera on The Snowy Ride) But, having said that, with a good looking over, the Arata is an 'exhaustive' work of art. You could just about hang it on the wall and stare at it - if it weren't for the fact it has a higher purpose...

Compared to the Hindle, this is definately a higher quality of finish. not that the Hindle is bad, I actually thought the Hindle was quite a good quality exhaust, especially considering the price and result, but the arata turns all the performance and benefits into a package that looks fantastic, not just good. Can't wait for the bike to turn up...

Z...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Oh yeah? I got these today

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, that looks preeeeettttyyyy

how's the sounds?

Z....

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Zeeman : As the man said,

'very nice'

Z...
Agreed

Here, check this vid out

'Dale road testing the Holeshot ZZR-1200 slip-ons and carb work at his secret proving grounds.This drive by is at 183 to 185 mph indicated!! Man that thing sounds good at speed.

All of Dale's testing is done on a private road or a closed course race track only.'

http://www.holeshot.com/videos/zzr_flyby.mpg

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, that is screaming! I bet that was carried out on a 'closed test track under controlled condtiions by expert riders'

Z...

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Z, haven't been following the threads, is this a used Arata system? What is that mark on the pipe behind the can? I'm assuming you did get the 954. Post pics when installed, congrats!

Ah, gotta love those xmas presents!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, it's a used Arata for a 954 - they are doing REALLY good deals on 954's here at the moment, and it was too much to resist. Mine turns up mid december.

The scuff mark is just a boot touching the pipe when hot. Nothing a 6 pack of beer wont fix at a local polishing place

Z...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Congrats Z! You're gonna love the sound too.

Dunno if you need a map but you're welcome to try out the one I got from Dan. I live not too far above sea level.

Gimme a shout if you want it.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Dale makes some nice stuff OHOH. I bought plenty of goodies from him for my SV and, now, for the FZ1 as well.

HGT, Arata is supposedly coming out with a full system for my bike (although I've already ordered something else). An FZ riding buddy is interested. I've heard the Arata is LOUD. Can you comment?

TIA

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wont find out how loud the arata is till december..

Z...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Chain : HGT, Arata is supposedly coming out with a full system for my bike (although I've already ordered something else). An FZ riding buddy is interested. I've heard the Arata is LOUD. Can you comment?
I suspect you're directing your ? at me instead of HGT...

I don't consider my Arata's loud. Sure they're louder than stock but don't sound much louder than the 2Bros bolt on I had on my 929. They give the bike a nice growl. I also had the opportunity to listen to them at the track when I let someone else ride my bike and they sounded quiet compared to most of the bikes there. Heck, Sato's, Termignoni's and D&D's are much much louder.

When you come to Grattan you can hear them for yourself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts