Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I haven't been on in quite a while. Reason being I was allmost killed a little over a year ago. There was an explosion at work. I was burnned badly. Over 3 quarters. Allmost all 3rd and 4th degree. After being in the hospital for 6 months, rehabilitation. Learning to walk again, basicly learning to do everything again. I came home.

I started my rebuild on my 96 900rr a year befor. The first thing I did was go to the garage and get to work. It was hard very hard. Could not twist a screwdriver or even turn a wrench. My dad helped and I learned how and forced myself to not give up.

I have split the entire frame and had it powder coated. I pulled the 1100's motor out that I shuved in a few years back. Split it. Going to have trans undercut, crank balanced and lightened. I have carrillo rods and Tesco 2mm over pistons going in. Going 2mm over on the intake and exhaust valves. Cams have been hardwelded be webcams to the 194 grind, also using the sping and retainer kit. I have a custom turbo kit built by elton fish.

I just have a few questions, first off I need to get the compression ratio down to 9.1. The blackbird motor is 11.1, does anyone know how much material to take out of the head and pistons to get that ratio.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
sorry to hear about your accident. that sounds crazy. its awesome your using the bike to help get you movin bro. i have a family member who was badly burnt and i know its hard. keep it up.

the bike sounds like its going to be a monster!!! sorry i dont have any contributing info on your question. : (

welcome back to the site brother and im really looking forward to seeing progress on your build.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Major respect to you, man. Keep fighting! Glad you're still with us. As for the blackbird motor, I'm afraid I've of no help at all.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident, but am very happy to see you get right back into your project. Keep fighting and keep the updates coming. This is going to be an amazing bike and i for one plan on following your thread.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Welcome back from what I can only imagine is a extremely mind wrecking experience, awesome recovery from injury, keep at it!

If you are wanting to lower compression, you will not want to remove any material, you would want more. Shaving/milling actually raises compression. You would need a set of low compression pistons to get what you are after. You should try psychobike.com for those questions, as I think they are more in tune with turbo setups and that type of build.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Much respect to you for fighting through it and best of luck in your continuing recovery. I cant imagine what you must have gone through. Having been so severely injured in an accident that (I assume) was through no fault of your own you're an inspiration, hopefully to all those who pine in their own self pity over far less life changing circumstances. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? Again best of luck to you and look forward to seeing the progress on the Blackbird. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
The bike is coming along. anyone know where to get an oil filter relocation kit for the 1100 blackbird motor.
ive heard of guys using ones intended for import cars on bikes. check to be sure but i think any 20x1.5 adapter plate will fit the honda mc engine the same as it fits their car engines. so something like this would work or similar. there are lots of kits on ebay im sure one would work for your needs.

Blox Racing Universal Oil Filter Relocation Kit Honda Civic Acura Integra Polish | eBay

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Dumb question my turbo kit came with a pump, is this to pump oil thrugh the turbo or for fuel
Not trying to sound condescending. Definitely oil. It's a air compressor spun by your exhaust, very hot exhaust. Fuel would undo all your great work.

DD

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the crank back, race balenced. Trannys back to, had it upper and under cut.head is in the shop. I have about 250 parts that need to go on. New drum and shift forks, waterpump. Every bearing i can replace is replaced. Got the carrilo rods, web camshaft ready togo. Had elton fish custom build me a lock up clutch. Turbos system is gettin coated right now will have pics soon. Waiting on main and rod bearings. Wesco pistons are getting cut down 2 mm, having the tops and skirts coated aswell.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Motors together, just need more time.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
nice to see some progress on this build. really looking forward to seeing the next few phases...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts