Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
WOW, some really good police work there! He must have some patience, after that much harrastment I'd be in jail for swinging at the cops.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Then when a cop killing happens by a guy such as this it is absolutely appalling and horrendous even though he was badgered and abused every day trying to work. I'm sure that isn't the whole story, but it honestly doesn't really matter when it becomes harassment/abuse.
That pisses me off to see this going on but it honestly doesn't really surprise me. I have several friends in or retired from law enforcement of varying ages and ranks but most will admit that a decent number of the guys that join the force, throughout the east at least, could care less about the community and do it because they were bullied losers in grade school looking for a power trip. I never believed it from other people but when several cops themselves tell me, it's hard to ignore.

Thanks for the aggravating read.... ;)

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then when a cop killing happens by a guy such as this it is absolutely appalling and horrendous even though he was badgered and abused every day trying to work. I'm sure that isn't the whole story, but it honestly doesn't really matter when it becomes harassment/abuse.
That pisses me off to see this going on but it honestly doesn't really surprise me. I have several friends in or retired from law enforcement of varying ages and ranks but most will admit that a decent number of the guys that join the force, throughout the east at least, could care less about the community and do it because they were bullied losers in grade school looking for a power trip. I never believed it from other people but when several cops themselves tell me, it's hard to ignore.

Thanks for the aggravating read.... ;)
So how the hell does these people get onto the force surely there must be some kind of interviewing system? In this scenario its been going on for ages are the superiors as bigoted as the normal cops?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
So how the hell does these people get onto the force surely there must be some kind of interviewing system? In this scenario its been going on for ages are the superiors as bigoted as the normal cops?
:idunno: IDK, I had a former co-worker who wanted to be a cop, but he failed the psych evaluation for every local force starting with LAPD, Glendale PD and Burbank PD because they all used the same psych evaluator. He finally got on with what he calls a police force but it's really a glorified private secutrity force, 'cause they used a different shrink. It didn't surprise me that he failed to get on with a real police force though, he truely had "power trip" issues. Some slip through the cracks, others develope that attitude on the job, it's contagious. I have a friend who was constantly pulled over in Burbank just for being a black guy driving a lowrider. I was with him once, he did absloutely nothing wrong, a lowered "64 Impala just looks out of place, profiling. I'm not going to name the race, but they would find a lot more criminals in Burbank and Glendale by pulling over BMW's.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Nope, not going to happen here.... Let me have this happen to me and I'm calling the chief......

I've been behaving suspiciously before and the cops don't bother with me =) Oh wait... that's because.... I know 'em all =P

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Yes there is a system but most times it doesn't matter because it's not what you can but who you know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts