Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy shit....

Click

I don't know if this link is gonna work... but its on CNN.com right now.

Help on the link would be appreciated :smilebig:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Custom900 said:
I wonder if he made it through? As much as it is a tragedy, it's an awesome story. I hope the guy recovers.
:plus1: I really hope so too... The fireman sounded positive, I hope the follow up comes through soon...

Trains are actually quite amazing in their power, I'm currently interning with a Railroad Company and have recently been able to ride a few. Riding on the engine you can just FEEL the HP... Yet another thing you have to respect or the outcome can be horrific...:eek:

·
Registered
44 Posts
What a guy. To stay that calm under those types of circumstances is amazing. I hate to see anything happen to anyone, but I sure hope he survives.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Ghst said:
What a guy. To stay that calm under those types of circumstances is amazing. I hate to see anything happen to anyone, but I sure hope he survives.
I was amazed at the fact that he was even able to tell that he was going into shock. That guy is amazing, and if he makes it through I can say that more-so.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Unbelievable! I certainly hope if this fellow pulls through this that CNN does a follow-up. Best wishes to that guy and his family.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Dude... If that was me, I'd be on the phone going,"AAAAAAGHHHHHH!!!!!" and then I'd probably die because I didn't stay calm. I really hope the guy makes, he sounds like a trooper to me.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
Am I the only one that gets pissed off at the 911 operators during those calls?

HD
You have to take these in stride sometimes. You're only getting edited portions of the call and 911 operators are trained to remain calm while talking to keep the person on the other end of the line calm enough to talk.

Sometimes it sounds unemotional and time consuming but it's better than getting excited and losing lives because the other person is too excited to speak at all.

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts
My mom has worked for the BNSF Railway Company (Burlington Northern Santa Fe) for 26 years. When I was a kid (11-12 years old) my mom had invited the Train Master (in charge of the rail yard(s) for a particular region) over for dinner with the family. Half way through dinner - he gets a phone call to the house from someone at the yard. A brakeman had been smashed in between two VERY HEAVY cars while a train was switching in the yard.

To make a long story short - he was literally crushed in HALF by the two train cars. The paramedics told him that when the cars seperate - he WILL die almost immediately. I guess the massive pressure from the two cars were what was keeping him alive. The neat part of the story - They covered his "injuries" up as best they could. He could talk, and respond. His entire family was able to be there and say their goodbyes. His wife, children, and friends were all there. When he made his peace - they seperated the cars and he died immediately.

It screwed me up for a while after my mom told me that story. I still remeber the haunting phone call 20+ years later! My mom still talks about it. I hope this guy makes a full recovery!! GOD HELP HIM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts