Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know an easy way to wire a manual on switch for the radiator fans on the 08-10 1000RR? I am going to go home and experiment but i was hoping someone would have some tips for me before i go and tackle this project...thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had on installed on my 900rr and it was relatively simple, I am not sure on the step by step but I can put you in contact with the guy who did it and he should be able to help you out if you'd like.

·
Registered
82 Posts
the wire from the fan switch is where you start.
find the connector and splice into (don't cut) those 2 wires and add a switch.
the fan switch just joins them 2 wires to start the fans.
that will give you a manual control for the fan.
its a popular mod on 12r's as the heat is unbearable on a hot day and turning the fans on helps.

then all you have to do is find a home for the switch.
i used the tps sensor and glued my switch to it so easy to access with gloves on.

hth

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WHY !:idunno:

why NOT is the real question...more control is always better on a hott summer day...especially for the engine..i dont like to see my engine temp above 200...and when its 85-90 F it can get up to 213-220...and if i have time to fix the problem why not??

thanks for all the info everyone! ive been a little busy lately and forgot about the thread but im gonna tackle this tonight...shouldnt take more than an hr or 2...thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts