Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a power commander, now I'm getting 2 blinks from my MIL. The manual leads me to think that the problem is the reading of vacuum into the sensor, rather than an electrical connection. The manual says normal vacuum would be 150-250 mm Hg. How much is that exactly? I put some bubbles over the tube, started the bike, and watched, and they slowly got sucked down the tube. So I know theres some suction... But I couldn't think there should be much when the bike is idling. What do you guys think? :idunno:
How much would a new MAP sensor be, and also anyone have any idea about a vacuum guage? I thought about sticking a clear tube into water or something and trying to find a conversion and figuring it out that way, but hey.. I'm a geek.

·
Registered
106 Posts
the most vacume is created at idle and less after the throttle is opened intill about 2500rpm when the engine starts to create vacume again

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
It is odd that this just happend after installing the PC. Double check that the hose going to the MAP sensor is tight. Also, make sure you connected the correct plug to the MAP sensor. I think there was someone else that got two plugs interchanged and had issues. If I remember correctly, these are the only two plugs that are the same on this bike. One is the MAP sensor and the other I'm not sure, I think the air intake temp sensor? And they both are in the same area, so it is quite easy to mix them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok- I'll check that. Thanks! Its possible I did mix up the sensors, I took freakin everything off trying to get more wire to reach.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok- You'll laugh at this. I was messing around with the plugs, trying to get them rearranged so that I could try the other plug(the thorttle position sensor) to fit, and I pulled a hose loose from somewhere. Or so I thought. Turns out I had the vent hose from the gas tank hooked to the MAP sensor. When I put the bubbles over it, gravity just pulled it down very, very slowly. I put the other hose on, put it back together, and the bike runs perfect. Wonderful. Now, after I turn the bike off, (only done it with it still high-idling) some visible vapor whisps out of the exhaust. Does the power commander actually make it run that much more rich?

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
redhotz28 said:
Ok- You'll laugh at this. I was messing around with the plugs, trying to get them rearranged so that I could try the other plug(the thorttle position sensor) to fit, and I pulled a hose loose from somewhere. Or so I thought. Turns out I had the vent hose from the gas tank hooked to the MAP sensor. When I put the bubbles over it, gravity just pulled it down very, very slowly. I put the other hose on, put it back together, and the bike runs perfect. Wonderful. Now, after I turn the bike off, (only done it with it still high-idling) some visible vapor whisps out of the exhaust. Does the power commander actually make it run that much more rich?
Most likely what you're seeing is condensation that has formed internally. When the bike gets hot, it is coming out as steam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts