Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Todays news is that Marc Marquez has signed for Honda until 2024.
Really great news for me when i like his driving style and never give up.
So soon both MotoGP and WSB starts of for a new season (y)

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Great news for me too. I like that he is devoted to the company that has helped him win championships rather than slip off somewhere else just for money. No doubt that Honda has offered a good contract though!!

WSB at Philip Island, Australia next weekend!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I was looking up all the dates for MotoGP, WBK and BSB last night to get the Sky box recording it all. The Sky Q TV guide is rubbish and only goes 7-days forwards so I have to set reminders on my phone! It won't series link either as each round has the the name of the location in the title - I swear it works on Virgin Tivo boxes ok though. Sky really could learn a lot from using the Virgin box for a hour!

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Works fine on BT Sport also. We pay through the nose for BT but the service is generally good. Only problem can be is if there is a power outage, or if BT re-boot the system, the stored recordings disappear. BT is televising Qatar test this weekend: Sat, Sun, and Mon. See if you can access that!!

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,592 Posts
Can't wait for the season. Honda I guess knows that they want to keep winning, and that means the number 1 guy has to be Mark. Love him or hate him, the kid and his machine are amazing. Still, not Doohan caliber in terms of the NECESSITY for electronics, (we can debate that if we want 😉), but for 2020 only Dovi and Quartararo will be competitive against him in my humble opinion. Still, its our pinnacle of racing, and we love it no matter what, right? :)

I use a streaming app with my Amazon Fire Stick. Its a sports app called Fubo. It has all the necessary channels for news and entertainment viewing, but also has BeIn Sports, a soccer heavy channel. But thats a good thing, because BeIn Sports covers all 3 rounds of MotoGP and all the qualifying. AND if I miss it, it replaces the condensed versions afterward. I haven't missed a round in 3 seasons. $50 a month. Awesome.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
@nigelrb
Sky will only look forwards 7-days from where you are so right now I can go up to 21:45 on Thursday 27 Feb but no further then that irrespective of the channel. Found the live practice coverage for the weekend coming and set it to record - again it will not series link it so have to locate each of the 3 sessions individually! Where we live it is only Sky or BT or NowTV, that's the options really or an online streaming service but we multi room with my 82 year old father in law and need something that's not to complicated for him to use and Sky does that bit ok

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought whole season for MotoGP on MotoGP.com for 100 Euro and i can look on practice and all race during whole season.
If i miss a race i can look on that site after the race has been to.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Can't wait for the season. Honda I guess knows that they want to keep winning, and that means the number 1 guy has to be Mark. Love him or hate him, the kid and his machine are amazing. Still, not Doohan caliber in terms of the NECESSITY for electronics, (we can debate that if we want 😉), but for 2020 only Dovi and Quartararo will be competitive against him in my humble opinion. Still, its our pinnacle of racing, and we love it no matter what, right? :)
Right. I have taken this as a friendly challenge, Ian.

These are my "predictions" for this year in MotoGP:
  • Marc will not win it
  • No Ducati's inside the top 5
  • Franco 21 will out-point Fabio 20
  • 8 Race winners over the season
  • 5 riders within 30 points at the end
One of the best seasons, ever (because it will be very, very close, and, the bike/circuit differences mean that there is still lots of overtaking).

I cannot wait either!

·
7,592 Posts
Right. I have taken this as a friendly challenge, Ian.

These are my "predictions" for this year in MotoGP:
  • Marc will not win it
  • No Ducati's inside the top 5
  • Franco 21 will out-point Fabio 20
  • 8 Race winners over the season
  • 5 riders within 30 points at the end
One of the best seasons, ever (because it will be very, very close, and, the bike/circuit differences mean that there is still lots of overtaking).

I cannot wait either!
I like that! And after my rave of Bein Sports, I've come to find out that they aren't carrying MotoGP this year. SO, I guess ill be looking at news briefs about the outcomes(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
413 Posts
I like that! And after my rave of Bein Sports, I've come to find out that they aren't carrying MotoGP this year. SO, I guess ill be looking at news briefs about the outcomes(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)🤬🤬🤬
Clearly, I was feeling a bit conservative last night :rolleyes:, I should have added some more challenging predictions, so here is one: JL99 will get a podium at a wild card race. :cool:

I will stop making predictions before the start of the Qatar race weekend, if it happens 😷.

Sorry to hear about your lack of TV coverage 😤, we need to track down the solution to that for our U.S. based friends. Are you going to CotA? It looks like a fabulous facility (except for the tarmac planing and the rivers across the track after it rains) 👍.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Clearly, I was feeling a bit conservative last night :rolleyes:, I should have added some more challenging predictions, so here is one: JL99 will get a podium at a wild card race. :cool:
Yep, you've got my support on that one. I think I said late last year that Jorge is not done with yet. In fact, he has so risen to prominence in his new role that a forthcoming storm has been named after him!

Are you going to CotA? It looks like a fabulous facility (except for the tarmac planing and the rivers across the track after it rains) 👍.
I would love to go there as a spectator. But as a rider?

WTF were designers thinking with the off-camber left at the end of the uphill main straight? Riders and drivers deserve challenges to test their skills, but that corner is an abomination and downright dangerous. I've seen more strikes there than at my local ten pin alley!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I would love to go there as a spectator. But as a rider?

WTF were designers thinking with the off-camber left at the end of the uphill main straight? Riders and drivers deserve challenges to test their skills, but that corner is an abomination and downright dangerous. I've seen more strikes there than at my local ten pin alley!
Hah! :) Good point, Nigel.

How about - to give MM93 a challenge - they run CotA Clockwise ....... That corner, would then be the last corner before the Start-Finish straight-away ...... not sure how many riders would get to the finish mind you, of lap 1. :oops::oops::oops:

·
7,592 Posts
I'll be at COTA hopefully once before I expire. Laguna Seca in 93 as a 21 year old was amazing. Maybe before I'm 51, and make it a clean 30 years between GP's :ROFLMAO:

Aside from it's clear design issues, rivers, and rumbles, I would still love to get full chat down that back straight 🏍🏍🏍

·
Registered
413 Posts
Aside from it's clear design issues, rivers, and rumbles, I would still love to get full chat down that back straight 🏍🏍🏍
Agreed. And, the snaking section (after Nigel's corner), hitting all apexes at max. lean and full chat would be something to remember (probably similar to Hollywood > Craner Curves > Old Hairpin at Donington <sigh>). 👍

·
Registered
413 Posts
Laguna Seca in 93 as a 21 year old was amazing. Maybe before I'm 51, and make it a clean 30 years between GP's :ROFLMAO:
On a similar nostalgia trip:

A few years ago, 2001? VR46 on a 500 was leading at Phillip Island, something happened at Doohan's and the yellow flags came out, he didn't see them (probably thought they were fans) and overtook someone, next time past, his pitboard said "Penalty +Xsecs", which may have dropped him a place(?) but he got his head down and put in 3 or 4 (?) consecutive lap record laps and won ........ at least, that is how I remember it :oops:

I remember thinking: I really, really want a Virtual Reality experience of those 3-4 laps: helmet with HUD, leathers with pneumatic bags that inflate for wind buffeting, sat on a static 'bike' with actuators that gives all of the pitch/roll/yaw, throttle & brake movements etc etc. That would be Awesome! :cool:

Now, I am grateful that VR to mimic VR46 hasn't happened. I'm pretty sure it would scare the living heck out of me. :eek: Maybe even worse with a MM93 Experience?

·
7,592 Posts
I this any good for you?

View attachment 106674
Well now Duncan, I just happen to have NBCSN on my Fubo account as well. I found that article and they will carry all 20 races however, only 5 will be live. It looks like same day delay, so really no complaints there. Thank you for lifting my spirits! They are also covering some of the WSBK rounds as well. Splendid!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well now Duncan, I just happen to have NBCSN on my Fubo account as well. I found that article and they will carry all 20 races however, only 5 will be live. It looks like same day delay, so really no complaints there. Thank you for lifting my spirits! They are also covering some of the WSBK rounds as well. Splendid!
Now, I am grateful that VR to mimic VR46 hasn't happened. I'm pretty sure it would scare the living heck out of me. :eek: Maybe even worse with a MM93 Experience?
I've shown my age here, Ian. MV12 is only broadcasting his heart rate. Once Mr Musk has put a chip in our brains and we have Huawei 10G networks we will not need NBCSN or BT Sport: from the comfort of an easy chair at home, we will be able to use an App to go through the experiences of the Factory Yamaha rider, live, during a race. I wonder what my heart rate will be?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts