Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
The kid is straight ghetto punk, plain and simple. The NFL won't touch him, nor should they. Seen it before with Lawrence Phillips (from my beloved Cornhusker U), Maurice Clarett, etc.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Chain said:
The kid is straight ghetto punk, plain and simple. The NFL won't touch him, nor should they. Seen it before with Lawrence Phillips (from my beloved Cornhusker U), Maurice Clarett, etc.

"straight ghetto punk....", huh Chain? wow, we sure are quick to toss labels at people.....:hmm:

Marcus did some very ugly things in his tenure at VT, no question...but to just label the kid a "ghetto punk" without ever meeting him, speaking with him or anything is a bit harsh and judgemental in my opinion....and some NFL will give him a look...trust me, for a couple of reasons: 1) his last name is Vick and 2) and I've said this time and time again, teams will do anything to win...even if it means drafting a guy with some past indiscretions...classic example that no one talks about: Luis Castillo, the rookie DT for the Chargers...tested positive for steroids while at NorthWestern...even lied about it and tried to cover it up, but he eventually came clean after he was caught..said he used it to rehab an elbow injury..riiiiight:rolleyes: now, all of the NFL loves him...how is that any better or "lesser of a crime" than what Marcus has done?? this guy cheated, plain and simple and he's in the NFL.....

Pulling a gun on some teenagers is a dumb thing to do...driving with a suspended license is dumb, intentionally stepping on an opponent is pretty classless as well..but he'll get a look from an NFL needy team..he probably won't get drafted, but he'll end up signing on with someone as a free agent and he'll make a team...the kid has talent...no denying that....

ok, I'm off my soapbox now....flame suit on.....

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
The NFL has quite a few shady players. What Vick, Jr. did WAS idiotic, but like Mike said, not really any worse than a number of players. Ray Lewis? Jamal Lewis? Just one team with a couple names.
And Clarett's implosion still got him drafted. He just showed in camp that he had lost his 'skillz', so they dumped him. It also has as much to do with his contract structure as anything why he's not getting a second chance right now.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
BDA116 said:
Ray Lewis? Jamal Lewis?
Both of those NFL superstars were in the league when they got into trouble. Big difference in that the NFL can turn a blind eye to people they don't yet have.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
QuikMike said:
"straight ghetto punk....", huh Chain? :hmm:
Yeah, pretty much. :nod:

Sticking a pistol in a person's face? Unless it's a bonafide self defense issue (all indicators would suggest this ISN'T the case with Vick's arrest), that's the way I see it. Just another classless, undisciplined low-life who is throwing his life away because the choices he's making.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Chain said:
Yeah, pretty much. :nod:

Sticking a pistol in a person's face? Unless it's a bonafide self defense issue (all indicators would suggest this ISN'T the case with Vick's arrest), that's the way I see it. Just another classless, undisciplined low-life who is throwing his life away because the choices he's making.
So you would condemn Manson before even talking to him :eek:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have a friend who works for the Falcons and she said Little Vick was at one of the games last year to support Big Vick. Little Vick was all "blinged" out and behaving very "ghetto". I agree... he may get a shot with an NFL team but he won't be there long.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
The dude is a piece of trash. How poised can you be for success? Too bad he has physical talent someone will probably pay him for, like many professional athletes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hmm......every one is right from a common point of view(from my humble opinion).

What Marcus did was very wrong. He will be lucky not to go to jail for a long time, let alone play for the NFL. However, perhaps in the chance he does "get off" he may get to play for a minor/major team maybe even because of notority due to this very incident we now all know him for, but he will mature as a person. He has only grown from "da hood" a few years ago, it will take time for him to realize how much is out there. Who knows, maybe he'll go back to jail later? But for now I think this is his last straw, it may be possible to recover from this but not anymore, err, indiscretions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts