Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been meaning to start this for awhile.
Bought this 1993 Mark 1 sc28 rrp Fireblade in white/pink and purple August just gone- from a chap up in Derry at a VERY reasonable price! Originally an English bike she has 32k miles on her with mot history.She had been dropped at 0mph at some stage and had damaged panels and gen cover on the left! But she has a very healthy motor and is nice and clean under the skin! The mods that were on it were tacky and tarnished anyway so they had to go! Only good mod was she was jetted -apparently by joey dunlops tuner up north

So my plan is to restore her to Original. First things first-i sourced an oem clear screen got rid of the bronze one that was on it!

Then i removed the carbon fibre hugger which was cracked anyway- Thing was it was drilled into the swingarm , so for the moment iv some decals over the holes- a nice minty swing arm is on my shopping list! On the other side of the bike i sourced both oem chainguards-caution labels n all! I also sourced some original bar ends from Honda!

next i removed the front mini indicators sourced oem stems and indicators!

More to follow....

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After that i put on a nice honda plate and original rear indicators-painfully expensive!

Next up i found an oem left bellypan fairing(the bellypan on it is aftermarket and hasn't the purple paint on it!

Then last month i put on two new oem grips on her as the old ones were jaded aswell as oem bolts for the screen and mirrors and engine casing.I also fitted a new clutch cable as the one on it was the wrong length and was incorrectly routed and so was catching on sharp turns!

Eventually got a gasket in the post 2 weeks back so got to work fitting a new generator cover on the left side- Alot of hassle doin this job cos the starter gear jumped teeth and refused to budge ( before and after pics below!)

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next i put new footpeg rubbers on her- didnt really need em but for the sake of a tenner they freshen the bike right up!

A few days after that i changed the rear left tail piece it had scuffs on the decals and plastic aswell as a small crack leading from the boot.

So found a brand new oem fairing in France(cancelled order) at a reasonable price, happy days! That gets it up to date - i just got a nice minty rear shock in from Germany on Friday( early chrimbo pressie! Steve in ndms gonna throw that on for me- Top man!
After that a swingers on the shoppin list n a few other bits down the line! I fookin love this bike! It's like havin a first bike all over again tbh!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got an early chrimbo present last week and fitted a mint original rear shock on her to replace the old one which was in a sorry state! Before and after.....

rear right panel arrived today! The one on it had a crack in it from a grabrail that was fitted and was held together with a cable tie, Anyway replaced with a gudin-not mint but a big improvement, very happy with it!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Top man!:thumb:
So happy to see the aftermarket tat disappearing.
Good work all round, restoring the original icon to its intended state.

Tony

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
She'll be great once you finish - thats not to say shes not a beast already.

Keep up the good work :thumb:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Good work fella :thumb:

Nice little project for the winter months :clap:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you know the previous owner well? He deserves at least a ribbing for the lack of respect shown to such a beautiful machine. How do you lose the tank rubbers?
Looking really good though!

·
Registered
8 Posts
nice work,

love these there is something about those big round headlights and drilled holes..

also it was the first "big" bike i ever got a pillion lift on, i came off gob smacked (was 18 and the bike was a 1994 urban tiger). this led to me getting my licence and then a couple of years later a '98 RRW and am now actively looking for a 08 (currenly on a k1 gsxr 1000)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Totall awesome mate. Mine is just a year older (Urban Tiger) and I really don't want for anything with her... if you need bits try
David Silver Spares - HOME - I've had loads of OE Honda stuff from them and if it's in Stock it's a lot cheaper than list price.

All the best...

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Nice work RC :thumb:

and Bolthole.. how come you haven't posted any photos of your Urban Tiger in your gallery so we can oogle it :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've come so close to buying this iconic classic a couple of times and it was always the tattier and more cheesy the better, just so I could restore it to its former glory. Other things always stood in the way like "I hope you're not thinking of buying that thing". So it's good to see someone living my dream...keep up the good work!

·
Registered
745 Posts
How'd do!

Interested in a new OEM rear shack and a couple of panels for mine... (same as yours)

Any good places for me to look? I seem to be not finding anything usefull!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Well done tho, it looks stunning!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts