Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey boys and girls -

It looks like our plans for a big fun event at the spectacular Miller Motorsports Park in Utah are taking shape. I spoke to the trackday provider (Apex) today, and they have confirmed dates with Miller for our group.

Mark your calendars! At this point it looks like these will be the dates:
  • Sunday, Sept 2, 2007 - Miller East Track (very fun, and the more technical of the two)
  • Monday, Sept 3, 2007 - Miller FULL Track (unbelievable 4+ miles of heaven!)
  • Tuesday, Sept 4, 2007 - We're working on possibly adding a third open trackday with Miller. TBA
This is going to be an incredible event. Ask any of the 20 people or so that came to Miller for our Labor Day 2006 party, and they'll tell you what a blast it was - both on the track, and off.

If you're not familiar with this facility, check this out (from the MMP website):

THE RACE TRACK
The road course is a 4.5 mile long, 40-50 foot wide, 24-turn layout that provides a variety of cornering speeds, from 50 mph to well over 100 mph. The fastest cars and motorcycles will approach 200 miles per hour on the track's 50 foot wide, 3500 foot main straight.

The course has four possible configurations. The 2.24 mile East course is a highly technical challenge suited to lower-powered, better-handling cars and motorcycles, while the 2.2 mile West course is fitting for higher-powered, larger cars and motorcycles.

The East course has as many as seven major overtaking areas, and 14 corners, including the three-turn esses, which have significant elevation changes. The feature corner on the East course is the final turn, a 50 foot-wide, 9º banked sweeper that leads onto the main straight. It is designed to create last-minute overtaking challenges before the race to the finish line.

The West course is notable for a sequence of three very fast (100 mph+) corners which lead to the heaviest-braking and slowest corner on the track, turn W5, whose 45 foot-wide entrance encourages overtaking. The rest of the West course features several multiple-radius and complex corners designed to challenge drivers' skills.

Miller Motorsports Park's longest configuration, the Full course, has a character completely different from either of the two shorter layouts. In this 4.5 mile configuration, speeds will be extremely high both at the end of the long main straight and through the daunting sequence of turns that comprise the first elements of the East side of the course, where cornering speeds will approach 150 mph.

While the track is basically flat, Miller Motorsports Park's designers have incorporated several significant elevation changes in order to add character, challenge, and unparalleled sightlines for spectators.
The combination of potential layouts, each with its own distinct characteristics, enables Miller Motorsports Park to provide challenges for drivers and riders of all skill levels while simultaneously providing spectators exceptional race action.

SPECTATOR FACILITIES
Miller Motorsports Park is unique in that it offers spectators almost 100% sightlines of the entire track from any viewing location, while providing up-close viewing of prime race action zones. This is possible because of the inherently level nature of the property which has enabled Miller Motorsports Park to locate spectators around the perimeter of the course while ensuring that the track layout brings major overtaking and action zones close to spectator areas.

Six different spectator areas, known as Oases, are prime viewing areas where features such as raised spectator banks, grandstands, restrooms, concessions, catering, nearby parking, and other amenities are located. These Oases are linked by roadways that provide access to each other and to the Paddock and Expo area, and are also connected by pathways that follow most of the track's perimeter.

PADDOCK FACILITIES
Miller Motorsports Park has what might be the highest level competitor and support facilities of any road course in North America today.

On the east side of the property, just off Sheep Lane , competitors arrive at the Main Entrance and register at the Welcome Center, which is part of the Museum, Retail, and Security Center complex.

After passing through the main gate, competitors see the Maintenance facility to the right. Directly ahead are the first of two 40-bay Day Garages, and a full service Kart Retail and Service Center . To the left, stretching 800 feet along the East Pit Lane , are the 27-bay Formula One style Grand Prix Garages. Also visible is a feature image of the park: a three story Race Control Tower.

Further into the 22-acre paved paddock, located close to the main straight, is a combination Medical/Restroom/Concession center. On the north side of the Paddock is a swipe-card operated gas station, a wash bay, and the Team Garage complex.

Team Garages are available for rent to teams and individuals on a long-term basis as a location for workshops, car and motorcycle storage, or even as a facility from which to operate a motorsports related business.

Two additional Race Control buildings serve the West course and Kart Circuit.

The Paddock is extensively wired to provide power for a large number of competitors, and has perhaps the largest number of permanent, high quality restrooms of any race facility in the nation. Additionally, the Paddock has several classrooms and other multiple-use facilities.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS TODAY!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Only if they volunteer epic video services...:eyebrows:

AND agree to never wear a thong on the premises! :nono:
:eek: not sure if I can guarantee either. The video is progressing but A lot of work and time. Not sure if I can promise it again. On the other you did say 'the' thong not a thong :hmm:

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
If I can make it from Indiana you will make it.

Kawboy is in as well, he just don't know it yet.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I don't know if I'll be able to make the drive.
I thought you lived close to the track:idunno: ?

As for me I'll be there i'm you can count Hammer in as well..:thumb:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought you lived close to the track:idunno: ?

As for me I'll be there i'm you can count Hammer in as well..:thumb:
Oh, BDA116 will be there alright. He's hosting the 50 of us for a barbecue at his house, complete with karaoke. SPEED's gay waiter buddy might even be there.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Oh, BDA116 will be there alright. He's hosting the 50 of us for a barbecue at his house, complete with karaoke. SPEED's gay waiter buddy might even be there.

Cool!! Maybe you can let sheep wear that thong for the waiter buddy:eyebrows: of Speeds..:rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Cool!! Maybe you can let sheep wear that thong for the waiter buddy:eyebrows: of Speeds..:rotfl: :rotfl:
No only for the ladies :twofing:

Think I need to recruit someone though to copilot.

So that might be 7 days to plot for me already in '07 (Rogue, Fireblades, Fireblades West)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
No only for the ladies :twofing:

Think I need to recruit someone though to copilot.

So that might be 7 days to plot for me already in '07 (Rogue, Fireblades, Fireblades West)

J/K :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 143 Posts