Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,930 Posts
Yep, nothing like marketing ploys. One day that's gonna hurt a few companies.

I'm still pissed about the delays I'm having with Kawasaki over the ZX-14. They are about to lose a customer. First it was Feb. then Mar. and now April. All it's going to take it for them to delay it one more time and I think I'm gonna pass that thing up.

By the way - just get an XBox360 I think you will be happier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
They're having technical trouble with the machine too. Lots of it.

Around the copyright part there's a rumor that Sony is trying to make the machine code the disc to the processor...disallowing people from selling used games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,265 Posts
luvtolean said:
Around the copyright part there's a rumor that Sony is trying to make the machine code the disc to the processor...disallowing people from selling used games.
That is ridiculous...they can definitely count on one less sale if that happens :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
And ebay biz of used games.

If they do it, they'll sure as hell make Microsoft happy...and much more wealthy.

It's a rumor...but with sony, nobody would be surprised.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,466 Posts
luvtolean said:
They're having technical trouble with the machine too. Lots of it.

Around the copyright part there's a rumor that Sony is trying to make the machine code the disc to the processor...disallowing people from selling used games.

I find it difficult to believe that a company like Sony would be that incredibly stupid. They pull that bullshit and they can kiss their cash cow bye bye.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
Mo Noyz said:
I find it difficult to believe that a company like Sony would be that incredibly stupid.
I think it's more about arrogance than stupidity.

If the XBox 360 wasn't such a contender, I'm sure this would happen.

Sony is having issues similar to those MS had, but Sony will delay release to solve their problems, where MS will work on them with products in the field.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
Mo Noyz said:
The first gen PS2 was a mess.
Yes, it was part of the reason for my first trip to Japan. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
I work in power semiconductors where often times the heat problem in these types of systems arises. (they usually have a great thermal management scheme on the processor so they don't normally have problems there)

Since I work in an "applications engineering" group, I get to go out and see our customers to try and help out.

I had a Japan market PS2 in my lab before they were released here.

Haven't got to play with the PS3, but I might know a thing or 2 about it also. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
ALSO: To make it VERY clear, I know nothing about the software on these systems. Those are different teams of people I never meet. My stuff is all hardware based.

What I was talking about with the software for the PS3 earlier was a rumor I heard from Navydevildoc...not from an "insider".

I don't talk about what I get from insiders, until I've seen it reported online.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,827 Posts
luvtolean said:
ALSO: To make it VERY clear, I know nothing about the software on these systems. Those are different teams of people I never meet. My stuff is all hardware based.

What I was talking about with the software for the PS3 earlier was a rumor I heard from Navydevildoc...not from an "insider".

I don't talk about what I get from insiders, until I've seen it reported online.
Nice backpedaling :p

I'm interested to see how the blu-ray vs HD-DVD thing shakes out... Between and xbox and ps3 I'd go with the ps3 as I already have a shitwad of games i would like to still be able to play. If I had that, I doubt I would be buying an HD-DVD anytime soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,499 Posts
I think the blu-ray and HD DVD technologies are somewhat equivalent to polishing a turd. I think optical discs will soon give way to more sophisticated high-density flashram and mini hard drives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,827 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
I think the blu-ray and HD DVD technologies are somewhat equivalent to polishing a turd. I think optical discs will soon give way to more sophisticated high-density flashram and mini hard drives.
Flash ram maybe, but I would think mini harddisks will always be subject to failure. I'd rather have something more "permanent"

Disclaimer: I don't know jack shit about electronics manufacturing etc...
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top