Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am pretty sure that the Bible specifically prohibits taking one's own life....how can the state allow such a Bill to get signed? What happened to going home and dying in your bed, allowing yourself to die without the assistance of modern technology is one thing, starving patients to death is in my opinion murder. Ugh...where are we going with this kind of thought process?:confused:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I am pretty sure that the Bible specifically prohibits taking one's own life....how can the state allow such a Bill to get signed?
Your reaction is not uncommon, but ...
  1. No, the bible specifically does NOT prohibit taking one's own life. It talks about it quite a bit. Here is a link that you might find interesting The Bible and Suicide
  2. Even if the bible did prohibit it, what reason is that for the state to prohibit it?
There are innumerable examples of common beliefs and practices in predominantly christian societies being given legitimacy through false references to the bible. In my mind that is no different than the innumerable examples of cultural practices blamed on the koran in predominantly islamic societies.

People who have any religious beliefs are constantly being hoodwinked by religion hijackers. This has remained a constant in world affairs throughout history.

End of :rant:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Purposeful starvation like that, is a form of torture...
nothing like suffering to death in 5-10 days...
This is just plain sick...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Your reaction is not uncommon, but ...
  1. No, the bible specifically does NOT prohibit taking one's own life. It talks about it quite a bit. Here is a link that you might find interesting The Bible and Suicide
  2. Even if the bible did prohibit it, what reason is that for the state to prohibit it?
There are innumerable examples of common beliefs and practices in predominantly christian societies being given legitimacy through false references to the bible. In my mind that is no different than the innumerable examples of cultural practices blamed on the koran in predominantly islamic societies.

People who have any religious beliefs are constantly being hoodwinked by religion hijackers. This has remained a constant in world affairs throughout history.

End of :rant:
Nice link, definitely why I said I was pretty sure, not positive! :eyebrows:

The only thing I disagree with though is where it says thou shalt not kill! You see, since all of the ten commandments talk about crimes or the like against other human beings, you could then assume God was talking about not killing humans....so you see, suicide, which is taking a human life..albeit your own, is still a sin. You can argue if you like, we are in America(well I am anyways) so you would have that right here. It is what I believe. Regardless of this argument, assisted suicide is really twisted. My opinion only matters to me, but I do not agree with the article or what California is doing.

:rant: Off:)

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
If the docs can't do anything for me and if, in doing so, it means I can avoid senseless suffering by going early - I'd chose this option. Lets face it, you will be sedated...

·
Registered
355 Posts
My 91 year old father would not eat in the nursing home he would only eat a little for my mother when she came to see him once a day. But even the last time I went to see him as he lay dying in 2001, I could not get past the fact that his life was sacred as long as it lasted and that no one had the right to end it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Arni just went over board.
Logans Run just a slippery sloap away.

California approves nurse-assisted suicide
if a dog for example is in extreme pain or suffering due to a severe mental illness and theres no hope of recovery we eauthanise iteven though the dog can not ask to die.its the humane thing to do.
surely if someone wants to die thats there choice as long as there capable of making that decision.

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
Dr. Death didn't kill anyone, he gave people that were sentenced to death by an illness to go on their terms. He gave them the means but did not pull the trigger. This is all that laws is providing; immunity for those to assist.
:plus1:
if a dog for example is in extreme pain or suffering due to a severe mental illness and theres no hope of recovery we eauthanise iteven though the dog can not ask to die.its the humane thing to do.
surely if someone wants to die thats there choice as long as there capable of making that decision.
:plus1:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts