Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yay I'm always up for a little well directed violence-hey the dealers can be used as bait in lobster traps to boost the catch.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
It is a terrible message to send to your youth in the community, that when the law won't fix it to take matters into your own hands. You can blame drug dealers all day for drugs but do not let parents off the hook for a lack of parenting and maintaining a presence in there children's lives.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It is a terrible message to send to your youth in the community, that when the law won't fix it to take matters into your own hands. You can blame drug dealers all day for drugs but do not let parents off the hook for a lack of parenting and maintaining a presence in there children's lives.
Lately criminals have more rights than thier victims-to these parents they are being responsible-they are protecting thier children-by whatever means necessary-because no one else is willing to do that. You can be the best parent in the world and teach your children to say no to drugs-but It'll always be a better world where these drugs are not available to anyone.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
It'll always be a better world where these drugs are not available to anyone.
:rotfl: And that world will never ever exist as long as people, including all these delusional parent's kiddies, want drugs.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
There is a very simple way to get rid of the violence associated with drug dealers - particularly easy in the case of pot slingers.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Yup. Take away their market. Sell it in State-run stores like liquor stores and tax the shit out of it. They could sell it cheaper than the street dealers and would cause their demise.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Yes, control distribution and tax it just to the point people don't grow it illegally.

Pot actually is kinda tricky though...it's much easier to grow and roll your own joints than it is tobacco. Tobacco and booze are much harder to make on your own, so they better lend themselves to taxation.

My personal feeling is this has had strong sway over the government's outlawing it and keeping it that way...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yes, control distribution and tax it just to the point people don't grow it illegally.

Pot actually is kinda tricky though...it's much easier to grow and roll your own joints than it is tobacco. Tobacco and booze are much harder to make on your own, so they better lend themselves to taxation.

My personal feeling is this has had strong sway over the government's outlawing it and keeping it that way...
If you had the option to get it legally and there were the same punishments for trying to transport illegally into the US... Wouldn't that eliminate most of the violence? Even if people did grow their own weed, it would typically be in smaller quantities. Limit the amount that a person can have on them at one time... Also make it illegal to purchase from a unlicensed source... Why would people take the chance if they didn't have too?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Nope, meeting violence and crime with more violence just creates more violent people.
We should turn the other cheek when these peeps commit crimes against us. It hasn't been tried on a large scale, so it would surely be successful in getting these teddy bears to stop what they are doing.... :twocents:

:monkey:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
GT-I think the issues could be addressed. Just pointing out, it's a bit different.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Beer is easy to make. A small investment on equipment, but still very easy.
I agree there will still be those growing it in small quantities and using themselves, but those doing that now aren't the ones causing the violent dealer issue, right?
You can still tax the rolling papers as well. :deal:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Making beer is not nearly as easy as it is to grow pot.

It's pretty easy to mess up a batch of beer. And it takes some work/skill.

There's a reason pot is called weed...toss the seeds in the ground and it'll grow just fine.

I'm in favor of legalization so the government gets to control distribution, and tax the hell out of it to pay for at least some of the cost to society. I'm just pointing out, weed is tougher. It will require some different thinking than the exorbitant tax on cigs for example.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Regarding vigilantism, I can applaud the notion of people caring, but that is a dangerous deviation from the rule of law, and when found, whether you agree with their actions or not, they must be punished.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Regarding vigilantism, I can applaud the notion of people caring, but that is a dangerous deviation from the rule of law, and when found, whether you agree with their actions or not, they must be punished.
I agree, but what the were punishing will certainly determine how hard people try to find out who they were... (they being the vigilantes) :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts