Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Soon to be...I bought a wrecked '02 954 which will be roadworthy soon. I'm about 70% of the way through it. Swapped the engine out, right clipon, new brakes all around, some plastic work....it'll be ready in time for the warm weather!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Do either of you guys have a chain breaker/riveter tool kit I can borrow?

Sure do but I don't loan tools out ... they never seem to make it back to me. I'd be more then happy to come out and give you a hand though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Aw man...the forum didn't email me saying you responded. I went ahead and bout the pit posse one for $50. It worked just fine. Oh well, I guess now I have one for the future. :)

My rebuild is almost done. My fairings aren't the best, but from 10' away, it'll look decent. Most of all it will run perfectly. One thing I'm on the fence about is the forks. Pretty sure the seals are shot as they were very wet and filthy at the bottom. Is rebuilding them tough? I read a post where one guy said if he had to do them again, he'd pay someone to do them. Any tips?

·
Registered
9 Posts
From NoVa. I am currently doing some work on the bike, so it won't be out on the street for awhile.

If anyone is experienced with removing the engine, and putting it back in, (especially dealing with the swingarm) I would love to hear from you! I would be willing to pay as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts