Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In short, no contest!

The long gist of it is that I was riding from work in a bit of a hurry because I had to make it back to the dealer before it closed at 6pm. The idiots put my new front Pilot Power on the wrong way round so the small arrows on it were spinning backwards....turds!

Anyway, I got to these stop lights and along side me pulls a brand spanking new Ducati 1098S and obviously my jaw dropped so hard that it dented my squeeky clean tank! :p I thought to myself "these damn bas***** with loads of cash but can't ride the things" but as the lights turned green it was race on! I don't normally do this kind of stuff because I know how dangerous road riding can be (especially with plenty of traffic) but I was just curious as to how well the new Duke goes.

All I can say is that my poor 929 felt like it was a 400 in a 1000CC Superbike race! In the first few hundred thumps of each of the Ducati's two pistons I bet he traveled further than I did in one gear (ok, maybe I'm exaggerating just a little), the low down torque on a v-twin is just amazing.

It got to the point where I was caning it so hard that I had a head shake in 3rd and I heard the front tyre squeel once under heavy braking. At the next stop lights I dialled in another two clicks on the steering damper just to be on the safe side. At this point I thought to myself: switch your brain on, second ride on new tyres and the front one isn't even on the right way round!

I followed him for another half a mile or so but then never saw him again as I caught a red which I couldn't "make it" across in time.....damn.

Up three teeth on the back anyone? :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
well I would hope so! You have 130hp at wheel, he has 140, and you have 70ft lb torque and he has 80.

You should sell your 929 and buy my 06 Gixxer 1000 and then race him again. No contest my brother!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
All of my front Dunlop's go on backwards... been doing since the late 90's after a racer buddy said it helped with perfomance/traction of the tire, maybe he was full of it but I have not had any problems.:idunno:

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
all the money ha had tied up in it i would hope it would run. as far as the gixxer comment, i am not even going to touch that one. nothing but a me too bike

·
Registered
38 Posts
all the money ha had tied up in it i would hope it would run. as far as the gixxer comment, i am not even going to touch that one. nothing but a me too bike
Me too bike that FIT me BEST as I'm 5'6! I actually looked a CBR1000rr b/f buying the Gixxer and appreciated the fit and finish and look but was just too tall for me.

Heck now I want to pick up an RC 51! Is that a me too bike as well?

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
no the rc is sweet i wanted to sell my cbr and get one, one reason being because you dont see many on the road. we give the gsxr riders a hard time around here because they are like the honda civics to the import guys. i am only 5 4 or 5 5. i have rode some of the older gsxrs and the back of the tank felt to wide to me compared to the honda, it may of been the curve of it and not neccisairly the width

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've made friends with one of those "more money than sense" new 1098 owners. That little b!tch is fast (it looks pretty sweet also). Kinda makes me want a black "S" model... but whatever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts