Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I went down today......:thumbd:

Tripped coming in to home plate during a softball game. Also carved my legs up real good sliding in to second twice.

Went four for four at the plate..... two doubles, a triple, and in the park homerun. Ump gave me the game ball today.

Now for the advise. this stuff looks exactly like road rash...... any advise on how to treat?:idunno:

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
DEPO said:
Yes, I went down today......:thumbd:

Tripped coming in to home plate during a softball game. Also carved my legs up real good sliding in to second twice.

Went four for four at the plate..... two doubles, a triple, and in the park homerun. Ump gave me the game ball today.

Now for the advise. this stuff looks exactly like road rash...... any advise on how to treat?:idunno:
nice playing man!

simply scrub the shit out of it with a washcloth/loofa/sponge with soap and H2O. If it doesn't hurt you didn't do a good job. Get all the gravel, and dead cat out of it. Then smear on some goo. Like neosporin, or triple abx ointment. Just get the CVS or Eckerd or walmart brand will be fine. Apply that a couple times a day. Probably do that for a few days/week until it looks like it is healing then just leave it be. Of course shower daily... soap and water...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You got to be from the Chicagoland area to understand. Slow Pitch Softball is hard core in this area. I mean they show the championship on ESPN II. Just in our town we have Nine divisions A-I and 12 teams per division.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
TraumaOne said:
nice playing man!

simply scrub the shit out of it with a washcloth/loofa/sponge with soap and H2O. If it doesn't hurt you didn't do a good job.
Easy to tell that you're in the medical field you sadistic bastard.

That sounds just like the medic who gave one of my Soldiers an IV in his forehead because he dehydrated. "Oooh, it's easier to get this vein when he's dehydrated" he said.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
seamus said:
Easy to tell that you're in the medical field you sadistic bastard.

That sounds just like the medic who gave one of my Soldiers an IV in his forehead because he dehydrated. "Oooh, it's easier to get this vein when he's dehydrated" he said.
]]

forehead? wow, never heard of that one... hmmm....

at least they didn't try to do a IO stick (intraosseous(or stick a big needle into a bone)).

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sulfadine... That stuff works great. It's primarily for burn victims, but let's face it... Road rash is a burn! With all of my road rash, 90% was "healed" within a week. And very little scarring except on the bad spots.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
TraumaOne said:
]]

forehead? wow, never heard of that one... hmmm....

at least they didn't try to do a IO stick (intraosseous(or stick a big needle into a bone)).
I have seen that done once when I was a tech. That was enough for me.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
As said, scrub the hell out of it with Betadine untill you about pass out from the pain. Then keep it gooped up with neosporin for a few days untill the deep scrapes heal up some. Then keep it clean and dry untill it scabs off.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Ahhh... I have treated many, many victims of road rash. It almost always comes right after the 'victim' says "Watch this shit". Of course, I always get the last laugh as I am scrubbing the crap out of his wound with those pre-fab plastic betadine brushes.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
navydevildoc said:
Ahhh... I have treated many, many victims of road rash. It almost always comes right after the 'victim' says "Watch this shit". Of course, I always get the last laugh as I am scrubbing the crap out of his wound with those pre-fab plastic betadine brushes.
Now that is sadistic

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
navydevildoc said:
I'm very familiar with the "open and torture" betadine scrubbing pad. I was the "victim" of an attempted mugging:nono: in college and was cut on the arm by a "sharp piece of metal resembling a knife".

I still have nightmares where I am attacked by guys in white coats holding those little scrubbing pads.:fear:

·
Registered
564 Posts
navydevildoc said:

It was at that point I asked for more morphine, sadly the doc said I'd had too much already and more would be dangerous. I told him if he kept scrubbing, that would be dangerous!!!!! Bad road rash is probably worse than giving birth.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
seamus said:
I'm very familiar with the "open and torture" betadine scrubbing pad. I was the "victim" of an attempted mugging:nono: in college and was cut on the arm by a "sharp piece of metal resembling a knife".
:rotfl::rotfl:I bet he immediately regretted that decision once he got up to you

1 - 20 of 34 Posts