Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

I was just looking at the thread about peoples names... and started searching the member by name. Just to see what came up.

What suprises me is the number of people that sign up, have never posted, but are still classed as 'members'. Surely after 18-24 months of inactivity, the account could be deleted?

This would free up sever space, give members a chance at getting more common names and realistically allow real users to see how many active users there are?

Not really a big issue, and don't know why i felt complelled to start a thread about it. However, comments would be an interesting read!

Seems to me, that the forum has 40-80odd Regular members, 100's of sporadic members and lots of Non use members.

Hope this starts some debate on the subject, lets get some opiniums flowing for a bit!:thumb:

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Maybe a last chance email to remind them before termination would be a good idea, sort of like a last chance.:D

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
Maybe a last chance email to remind them before termination would be a good idea, sort of like a last chance.:D
:plus1: Good ideas from Milzy on all aspects of his post. Spina thats a good call.
Peoples lives take them in all directions and sometimes the sale of a bike or 'toy' car are normally the first to go. Be interesting if the .OrgOwner picks up on this to see what his opinions are.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Ok,

I was just looking at the thread about peoples names... and started searching the member by name. Just to see what came up.

What suprises me is the number of people that sign up, have never posted, but are still classed as 'members'. Surely after 18-24 months of inactivity, the account could be deleted?

This would free up sever space, give members a chance at getting more common names and realistically allow real users to see how many active users there are?

Not really a big issue, and don't know why i felt complelled to start a thread about it. However, comments would be an interesting read!

Seems to me, that the forum has 40-80odd Regular members, 100's of sporadic members and lots of Non use members.

Hope this starts some debate on the subject, lets get some opiniums flowing for a bit!:thumb:

I did some analysis that I found startling.

Of 804,877 posts on the forums, 124,995 (15.5%) are from the top ten posters!
The top _29_ posters (5000+ each) have made 260,783 posts - 32.4% or one-third of everything that's been posted in nine years.

The top 100 posters have posted 450,722 times or 56% of the site's content.
More than half the content comes from _one-quarter of one percent_ of the members!

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/supporting-members-only/81903-40-000-firebladers.html#post895475

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
I did some analysis that I found startling.

Of 804,877 posts on the forums, 124,995 (15.5%) are from the top ten posters!
The top _29_ posters (5000+ each) have made 260,783 posts - 32.4% or one-third of everything that's been posted in nine years.

The top 100 posters have posted 450,722 times or 56% of the site's content.
More than half the content comes from _one-quarter of one percent_ of the members!

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/supporting-members-only/81903-40-000-firebladers.html#post895475
WOW, thats some kind of figures mate:eek:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I've been meaning to do it again actually as I've noticed a real increase in the number of people actively providing help to others.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been meaning to do it again actually as I've noticed a real increase in the number of people actively providing help to others.
Those figures are amazing!

Its nice to see this topic starting a debate. Even if Bladeracer has covered all the stats in an other thread.:plus1::plus1:

Come on Admin personnel, lets hear your views!:clap::clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts