Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, After putting stock sprockets on my F4i I guess I put the caliper on the rear tire wrong but I cant figure out exactly what i did wrong, If i spin the tire the wrong direction "reverse" and i hit the rear brake the whole caliper and brake-line catches with the rotor and travels with it, and when i go to use the brake when riding it wont work for a solid two seconds while it "snaps" back into place. Is there a bracket I lost when putting the tire back on or something? I can take a video when it's sunny out if my explanation wasn't enough.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Get pictures, but it sounds like when you put it all back together, the caliper bracket didn't go back in right. Look on the inside of the swingarm, and find a a block the caliper bracket locating locating slot goes around.

Attachments

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,343 Posts
Yeah Mike, sounds like you have it nailed with that suggestion. In my pic here on my 900's swing arm (far inside area by rear) you can see the boss that the caliper bracket locks into to keep it from spinning. Make sure the bracket is engaged there properly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup you were both right, When i put the tire back on i didn't slide the caliper back into the bracket on the swing-arm... woops! while i had it off i decided to change all my brake pads too, as they were pretty bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts