Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the thread about frame polishing got me thinking....I won't chrome anything on a sportbike but I really like the look of black chrome. So...there any way to polish something and have it come out black? I can think of things that may work...but I'd rather not be a guinea pig for it.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
what about shoe polish?

·
Registered
145 Posts
there is a solution selling on ebay for it, but the process for it is just like how you would do a trippple chrome. Or powder coating, Ive seen samples and it looks cool but I think it was pretty expensive.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Anodizing a frame is pretty daunting. You have to remove all of the inserts and any ferrous metal bits before it gets bath-zapped or else they vaporize and leave a very ugly scar around the hole.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah...anodizing is out. Polish or maybe powdercoat.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
NinerPilot : Yeap,  
   Polish them out to a brilliant shine, then have them shot with a transparent powdercoat.  Here is a set in red that I had on my bike for  a while and a couple of .orgers got to see them.
Chris
Pic
what is up with that MotoGP style exhaust?

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
That's when Niner was going through his bling phase!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yeah, I remember that! That is very promising.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
   Polish them out to a brilliant shine, then have them shot with a transparent powdercoat.  Here is a set in red that I had on my bike for  a while and a couple of .orgers got to see them.
Chris
Pic
Those wheels looked better in person than in the pics...

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Chris
Pic
That's realy the only way that I can think of.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Those wheels are a translucent powdercoat, I do quite a bit of it for work. Mostly blue and red over polish or a silver base coat. I would imagine they would have some sort of 'smoke' translucent as well.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool. If I decide to do it, I'll PM ya.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts