Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
What about the The Men's Warehouse. They have suits at affordable prices. At least that's what their commercials say. :idunno:

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the The Men's Warehouse. They have suits at affordable prices. At least that's what their commercials say. :idunno:
I did that for a suit coming out of college and I'm skeptical about the "value". Besides the one near me seems to cater to a demographic that I don't fit into.

HD

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I get most of my stuff at Nordstroms... but they tend to be pricey, but I think you get what you pay for. You never know, go in there and talk to them. The sales people are pretty knowledgable, and I bet they know how to stretch your dollars. Besides, you don't have to buy anything, you could always walk.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Suits are a sign of the devil :mad:

But if you HAVE to have one I did the men's warehouse and it fits nice and serves the purpose for the occasions I need to blend with evil.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I don't ride the metro, and don't see why you'd need a suit to do so, but the last suit I bought was from a local dept. store called ZCMI, which is was purchased recently by Macy's.
Anyway, there are two things I absolutely HATE spending money on and one of them is clothing, so I can't really help you out here.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Yeah, my professional stuff comes from Nordstrom's.

Macy's if Nordstrom's is too much.

I hate spending money on "business casual" attire (one of the perks of working at home), but nothing looks shittier, or feels worse, than a cheap suit and dress shoes.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Don't buy a cheap "off the rack" suit. They're all cut the same way and are guaranteed to not fit right. Considering your size and build, you need something tailored specifically to you. Plan on spending at least a grand.

BTW I also hate shopping for clothes... I wouldn't if I didn't have to.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Sometimes you'll actually save money by going custom.

There's a place in Louisville called JD Wentworth that has some good quality suits. Don't know if there's one near you. I never heard of the place until I moved to Kentucky.

While I was in school, Burlington Coat Factory had some okay stuff for cheap. I actually still have one, although I haven't worn it in almost 3 years, thanks to military dress uniforms. Still fits, decent quality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts