Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
OK.... only 2 days, We are pretty nervous but exited at the same time. We will be boarding the plane Tuesday morning and landing in Mexico city at 2:15Pm. Don't really know what is waiting for us, warmer weather for sure :D

We will try to keep that thread alive and send some news once a while. Until then, take care everyone :hi:

Hasta pronto!

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
jetbdude said:
OK.... only 2 days, We are pretty nervous but exited at the same time. We will be boarding the plane Tuesday morning and landing in Mexico city at 2:15Pm. Don't really know what is waiting for us, warmer weather for sure :D

We will try to keep that thread alive and send some news once a while. Until then, take care everyone :hi:

Hasta pronto!
You two take care of yourself, and I hope everything goes :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hammer said:
Good luck in your new endeavors. Do not take the Repsol down there.http://www.fireblades.org/forums/general-discussion/41214-motorcyclists-mexico-city-forwarding-call-help.html?highlight=mexico

Leave it at my place.

Off topic question: Why would someone pay 1 mil for an unreliable boat and go way offshore with such a vessel?
Yeah..... saw that thread.... pissed me off :thumbd: I would not ride the bike here either anyway this winter, but I guess it will be weird to be there without a bike.

About the boat, they don't go offshore that much with those cruiser, they use it more to have a drink and lunch tied to the dock..... The bigger the boat the less they use it. It's just a way to show that they have money... Some good owners but most of them are dicks.... with money though :D

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
jetbdude said:
Yeah..... saw that thread.... pissed me off :thumbd: I would not ride the bike here either anyway this winter, but I guess it will be weird to be there without a bike.

About the boat, they don't go offshore that much with those cruiser, they use it more to have a drink and lunch tied to the dock..... The bigger the boat the less they use it. It's just a way to show that they have money... Some good owners but most of them are dicks.... with money though :D
:rotfl: I predict you find a direct correlation between how nice they are and how far from the dock the boat gets ;)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Nice one. Always admire people who just get off their arses and "Just Do It!" :thumb:

I was looking forward to meeting you in Totnes, but now it ooks like I'll have to travel. :)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
jetbdude said:
That's just Mexico city. I've never been to Ixtapa, but there's lots of bikes running all over Baja California in Mexico.

I'll bet if you want one, it'd be no problem to own a sportbike there. :thumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
You are gonna live it !!!! I lived there for 3 years, the marina is awesome and the town is gorgeous.... I'm jealous....... I worked on a 78' AZIMUT, great marina to work at.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
dragn_cbrf4i said:
You are gonna live it !!!! I lived there for 3 years, the marina is awesome and the town is gorgeous.... I'm jealous....... I worked on a 78' AZIMUT, great marina to work at.
Thanks man!!! Nice to read that :D Tell us more if you can ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
ITS A REAL SMALL TOWN, ACTUALLY ITS 2 TOWNS THATS WHY ITS CALLED "IXTAPA-ZIHUATANEJO". IXTAPA IS THE TOURIST SIDE WITH THE HOTELS MARINAS AND NIGHT CLUBS, ZIHUATANEJO OR ZIHUA AS THE LOCALS CALL IT IS THE SMALL TYPICAL MEXICAN TOWN. iTS A WONDERFUL PLACE TO LIVE IF YOU LIKE SMALL TOWNS. THE OCEAN IS GREAT, YOU CAN SWIM YEAR ROUND ( SURFING IS GREAT ). JUST DONT SWIM IN THE MARINA, THERE ARE CROCS IN T HE WATER.... http://www.ravencruise.com/images/Cocodrilos%20in%20Marina%20Ixtapa.jpg
AND IF YOU GET TIRES OF THE SMALL TOWN FEEL YOU CAN ALWAYS DRIVE TO ACAPULCO ITS 3 HOURS AWAY....OH AND A BIKE IS PERFECT DOWN THERE

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
We made it :D We are in Ixtapa, the place is gorgeous, lots of big boats here :eek: We also got a quick look at ZIHUATANEJO today, looks nice too! The weather is perfect!!! Around 85. The marina is 1 minute away from our place and the beach maybe 2 if we take our time. I think we will have fun here! :thumb:

21 - 40 of 139 Posts