Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am packing all my crap to shlep off to Louisiana for work.

Lo and behold, I can't find my DVD case with all my in-flight entertainment. That's when it hits me. I left the GDMF thing on the plane my last flight. There was this cool little slot thing near the seat belt and I stuck the case in there because it fit perfectly. Of course, I didn't think to check said slot when I was leaving the airplane. I was also in an engaged discussion regarding unchecked police powers with the passenger next to me, so I forgot all about it.

:rant:

Now I know how LTL feels about losing his iPod on the plane. What really sucks is that some of the DVDs are part of sets, like Battlestar Galactica, or even worse, some of my Pilot Training DVDs that cost a crap-ton. Now begins the slow process of buying it all back again.

:crap:

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Not to kick ya when your down but, why not just rip them to disk (as in .avi the vob's) and save battery life and prevent loss of them while at it.

I have 6 or so full length features on my laptop using <3.5gig, and best I dont have to worry about waking up and rushing off the flightwithout my dvd case.

I've just lost enough shit to the airlines so I try to travel as 'densely' as possible now.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to kick ya when your down but, why not just rip them to disk (as in .avi the vob's) and save battery life and prevent loss of them while at it.

I have 6 or so full length features on my laptop using <3.5gig, and best I dont have to worry about waking up and rushing off the flightwithout my dvd case.

I've just lost enough shit to the airlines so I try to travel as 'densely' as possible now.
Yeah, I have contemplated doing that in the past. This just gives me all that much more of a reason to do it now.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Yeah, I have contemplated doing that in the past. This just gives me all that much more of a reason to do it now.
Yeah I got learnt before DVD's were poppin, I lost a thing of 24 CD's once in a similar situation and swore 'never again'.

With DVD's, depending on your HDD size you can also compress when you do this and not really notice the quality if your just sitting on a plane.

I also got an external notebook batt from APC to make sure I would never be without power :)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Really? what type of planes are we talkin about here? Not Airbus's or CRJ's I guess eh?

:crying:
All the Mad Dogs, and some of the 7x7's. Pretty much every flight I have been on for the last year or so has had power.

I don't ever see the Airbuses on the routes I fly, and most CRJ flights are so short I don't care. My flight to Shreveport, for example, was 32 minutes.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Really? what type of planes are we talkin about here? Not Airbus's or CRJ's I guess eh?

:crying:
AA has ports spread thoughout the cattle car on pretty much everything but the RJs. I can get in a row with one 90% of the time I fly with AA and I don't have any status with them these days.

This site is awesome for checking seats and onboard amenities, I use it all the time(except when I fly United and that's because I have the UA seat maps memorized). :smilebig:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good info, thanks.

You guys aren't talkin about 120vac outlets right? you're talkin about the 'airline plug' spots? ...just to double check. I've always been a battery bandit.
Yeah, not 120, but cigarette lighter plugs. If you need 120, just go buy a 40 dollar inverter from Wally World or Radio Shack. I haven't seen any of those wierd small plugs in a long time. I think everyone realized that a whole new standard wasn't gonna fly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts