Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about putting a MGP exhaust on my 08 cbr 1000rr. Has anyone heard anything about this exhausts? I have heard that it is loud, but will it give my bike a little more power? I know it is just a slip on and I will not get the gains of a full system. I have used Yoshi exhausts on my other bikes, but I like the look of this exhaust. Thoughts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I put a MGP on my 2010 blade, after sorting out the o2 sensor which is connected to the original system, the MGP was very rough down low, so I went to the expense of installing a power commander which sorted most problems, and recently had my bike dyno'd and they got a further 20bhp from it, so it now puts out 170bhp, not that it needed it!!!

As for noise, I like the noise, it lets people know you are around, I dont know what the drivers are in your neck of the woods but around here, they drive with their heads up the rear ends or with blinkers on, so the noise is a distinct advantage to letting people know you are around.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
, so the noise is a distinct advantage to letting people know you are around.

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but it isn't. You can only really hear a bike AFTER it's gone past you, and by then it's too late. Blind drivers won't suddenly see you because you put a can on.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
If you want your exhaust to give you a false sense of security, go right ahead mate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Absolutely, been riding these things for 35 years, without incident, the one common factor, Loud pipes? only incident I have ever had was on the track in the rain?
MATE!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Good on ya :thumb:

My experience tells me you're INVISIBLE, loud pipes or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying it is a 100% effective, I'm just saying you need to get every advantage you can, so you can try and make yourself not invisible, for example I have a colourfull bike, colourfull leathers, I try to make myself as visible and heard as possible.

cheers

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Every little helps for sure. But I wouldn't rely on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Getting back to original question, the MGP isnt a true slipon, you will probably end up having to get the PC to even out the power.

See attached images of the pipe on my bike.
IMG_6302.jpg
IMG_6303.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep, they look nice, they sound nice (I think anyway), and are a fraction of the weight of the standard system fitted to the 2010 blade. but with the modern elecronics on the later models required a little more to get the most out of it, not sure what sort of ignition system is on the 98 model, but you may not need the extras to get the most out of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts