Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have stock Michelin Pilot Sports. You know on the edge of the tires they have the little Michelin man. I was wondering who leans far enough to rub them off and who does not, They are easy to rub off the back but tough to get off the fronts, you really have to go low to rub them off the fronts?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
at the track, a session and he's toast... On the street and I will probably only get the one on the rear tire

·
Registered
887 Posts
yep....same here....I scrubbed him up pretty good at VIR back in April, but not enough good corners around here to get him on the street....

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
On the street I bring the line down to just touch him on the right and not quite that far on the left. Dammit, no left hand ramps around.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I can take out the Michelin Man, the mounting arrow directions, all at one go on the track, front and back.

But he's a virgin on the streets. I just don't have the balls to take it to the edge on city streets.

Call me chicken.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I call you a Toronto rider.

Where the heck is there a safe enough ramp to wipe that Michelin Man grin off his face? All of the ones I can think of have cheese grator guardrails.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I went out the 2nd day I had the bike and ground his little ass off, not to mention the direction arrow, on the back anyways. Can't get it over far enough on the street to scrub him off on the front.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Gearhead : I went out the 2nd day I had the bike and ground his little ass off, not to mention the direction arrow, on the back anyways.  Can't get it over far enough on the street to scrub him off on the front.
just run it at 20 psi like the rear

·
Registered
525 Posts
Gotten close....on the street. Never been to the track.

Here's a poser I know who will never do it, street or track!

·
Registered
50 Posts
sittinguy : For those who have stock Michelin Pilot Sports. You know on the edge of the tires they have the little Michelin man.  I was wondering who leans far enough to rub them off and who does not, They are easy to rub off the back but tough to get off the fronts, you really have to go low to rub them off the fronts?
Its easy on a track day.
On the street I can only do the arrows.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I decapitated the lil' f'r, and I can't even drag a knee...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
puggy : Quote (sittinguy @ June 12 2003, 12:15pm)For those who have stock Michelin Pilot Sports. You know on the edge of the tires they have the little Michelin man.  I was wondering who leans far enough to rub them off and who does not, They are easy to rub off the back but tough to get off the fronts, you really have to go low to rub them off the fronts?
Its easy on a track day.
On the street I can only do the arrows.
I dont know how you shag a tire like that. and where the hell is the little guy and arrows? sidewall right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts