Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Michelin Pilot Power 2CT, Bridgestone BT-003 and Pirelli Diablo Corsa III

Hello guys,
It's been quite a while since I last came over here. I took my 929 off the track and have been using up old racing rubber when I'm not riding the 'oldwing. But the old rubber is just about used up.
I stopped buying new tires before the duel compound tires came out. So what's the scoop.

Everyone talks about the pilot and corsa. What's wrong with the 003? It's cheaper by far, but is it that much behind the others? As far as I remember, the bridgestones are very predictable. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive had the 016s on my bike for 2 yrs & just about to try the diablos to see what theyre like. no complaints with 016s in terms of grip in wet or dry but on a 3day thrash last yr i went thru a brand new pair of them in 1,100 miles...

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 003 is the new DOT race tire formally the 002, and in the same catigory as the other two. Do they still make the 016?
yes its a dual compound tyre, hard middle soft walls. great tyre, having a pair of maxxiss fitted today, will get three months out of them, then putting BT016 on in july should get about a week out of the rear, then a week later another rear and a front BT016. Its only money ..........oh! and three sets of brake pads new chain and sprockets and abot £600 of fuel over that two weeks, but a load better than sitting on the beach:smilebig:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use Michelin Pilot Power 2CT myself and can't complain a bit, great tires all around for hot, wet, cold, slippery. You name the weather I've ridden in it and tires did there job, including once through a freak 26 degree weather drop over a few hours which finished at -13c (or 8.6F)

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
IMO, with the BT16 I got the most milage but wasn't always sticking the best, with the Corsa I had the best grip but also had to replace it after the shortest distance, and the Mich is somewhere in between.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my cheap butt can only afford Bridgestone right now.
So I'm going to get a set of either 016's or 003's.
The funny thing is that the 003 has duel compound tires. The 016 is duel front and has a 3 compound rear. But in talking with some tires guys, they're telling me that the 003 is stickier and the 016 is better for street.
Anyone compare an 002 with an 016? The 003's are brand new.

·
Registered
25 Posts
003 is the newer version of 002 - all track day/race tyres.

016 is the newer version of 015 - all road tyres

016s have no problem to go on the track, but they are really different and not as sticky as 003/002.

It's like to do a comparison between bmw M5 and ferrari F50 :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.