Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set and just curious how these are going to turn out on the track. Any opinions or experiences you'd like to share would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
If you are used to metzler or dunlop, they'll take along time to warm up as a comparison...

Once warm though, I thought they were great and they wore very well.

Won't use them again though most likely... Just won't, I have taken a liking to tires that are warm after corner one...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ran them on the street for a year and was extremely happy with them. Only gripes from me was the warm up factor and I seemed to push the front in corners a lil....so I switched to a S2 front and that solved the problem.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't like them. I use the S2 and M2 compounds but won't use the H2 again (except for maybe in the rear). I had them let go unexpectedly a few times on me at the track. It was the middle of the session so they were plenty warm, and I wasn't pushing near as hard as I had been in other sessions so it wasn't due to loading the front or anything like that. They just let go. Luckily I was able to adjust and recover each time but it really drained my confidence in the H2s. Now the S2 front and M2 rear stick like glue and I have never had any issues with them at all. I have 5 sets of them just waiting to go on the bike throughout the year and another set which is currently on the bike.

They all take a little bit longer to warm up, and they definitely cause the bike to turn in faster due to the triangular profile of the front.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
I've been using an S2 front and M2 rear and have no complaints whatsoever. They do take a while to warm up, but I have warmers and can hit turn one full bore without a problem. I'm trying an M2 front this weekend in hopes that it'll last a little longer.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
my 4th set for both street and some track use. awesome, but be very careful in the wet on the street!

·
Registered
871 Posts
I used the s2 front and h2 rear at Mid Ohio a few weeks ago and I liked the set up much better than the bt12ss. I'm not very fast but the set up felt very stable. I went a lot faster than I ever had before and felt comfortable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey everyone, Thanks for the reply. I'll keep all the advice and keep you all posted when I return from the track Sunday. I'll take it easy the first few laps and scrub em in real good before turning on the knob slowly but surely. Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
755 Posts
One final word of advice for the track,remember to adjust the psi,have not been to a track yet,but on the street the h2 seems to warm up quicker with 30-32psi.Have fun,hope to attend a class/track day soon,funds permitting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
lfg929 : I don't like them. I use the S2 and M2 compounds but won't use the H2 again (except for maybe in the rear). I had them let go unexpectedly a few times on me at the track. It was the middle of the session so they were plenty warm, and I wasn't pushing near as hard as I had been in other sessions so it wasn't due to loading the front or anything like that. They just let go. Luckily I was able to adjust and recover each time but it really drained my confidence in the H2s. Now the S2 front and M2 rear stick like glue and I have never had any issues with them at all. I have 5 sets of them just waiting to go on the bike throughout the year and another set which is currently on the bike.

They all take a little bit longer to warm up, and they definitely cause the bike to turn in faster due to the triangular profile of the front.
ifg929,

For the rear, do you use 180/55, 190/55 or 190/50?

thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
jafo : One final word of advice for the track,remember to adjust the psi,have not been to a track yet,but on the street the h2 seems to warm up quicker with 30-32psi.Have fun,hope to attend a class/track day soon,funds permitting.
I always run 30 front, 28 rear in the Michelins.

·
Registered
433 Posts
515O : ifg929,

For the rear, do you use 180/55, 190/55 or 190/50?

thanks.
I use a 180x55 on the rear. I have run the other sizes as well in the SuperCorsas and Rennsports. I really don't have anything negative or positive to say about the other sizes. They all work well and I haven't noticed much of a difference in any of them. The Pilot Race 2's have a much more triangular profile than the Renns and SuperCorsas which allows much easier turn in. That took a little while to get used to (it really altered handling), but after a few sessions I was feeling more comfortable with the turning differences.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, The Verdict is in. THESE TIRES ARE AWESOME! What a night and day difference from the stock Pilot Sports. I can be in a turn, Leaned Over and these tires are so planted, compliant, smooth over bumps, and Chattering has disappeared when leaned over. The stock tires were always on the edge of breaking traction but These tires will help me make it to my next level for sure. I've got to work on my Corner Entry Speed and Cornering speed. This is the setup I used.

120/70/17 H2 @ 29lbs
180/55/17 H2 @ 28 1/2lbs.

15/45 - 520 - Gear, Chain Combo with no Rubbing issues at all.

Thank you reply everyone. Have a good day

1 - 13 of 13 Posts