Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Middle Cowl, Removal/Installation - CBR1000RR8 DIY Article

9K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  FireBladerDk 
#1 ·
I have prepared this Do It Yourself (DIY) article

link: "Middle Cowl, Removal/Installation - CBR1000RR8 DIY"

for my 2008 CBR1000RR Fireblade on which I'm now making valve clearance inpection.

Removing the middle cowl is quite easy if you know how to do it, but it has given many people troubles and broken tabs. I hope the many pictures in my article will be helpfull for your first time.

This article is part of a series of DIY articles on CBR1000RR8 and CBF1000A7 on FireBladerDk .

Please join in on this thread with corrections, suggestions, questions and discussion.

Cheers ... Fred

See less See more
#3 ·
Awesome info on the fairing FireBladerDk! How difficult was the valve clearance inspection? Thanks! (sorry for topic change)
It is not really a topic change, as the reason for removing the middle cowl will most often be to do valve clearance inspection, and I am in the process of writing the rest of the DIY articles to cover this.

There are the following dificulty issues worth mentioning regarding valve clearance inspection:
1) Lower Cowl off and on.
2) Air Intake Cover of and on.
3) Middle Cowls off and on.
4) Getting clutch cable, electrical wires and tubes routed correctly to the front.
5) Getting the valve cover in out and in through the very limited space is somewhat of a puzzle.

The DIY articles will help you arround the difficulties and the rest of the work is pretty standard, and access to the valves is easy when the cover is off.

:) ... Fred

#5 ·
Hi Chip - wonderfull picture of your bike with my DIY article on the tank! :thumb:

Thanks for the bed offer, but I'm afraid my bike-holydays budget for this year has already been used up on my off-road tour in the Rumanian mountain forrests.

Cooling off and enjoying the view after climbing up through a steep, muddy and stony track in the forrest.

#8 ·
Re: Radiator DIY another thanks to Fred

Radiator removed, repaired and replaced with Fred's DIY on the notebook guiding me all the way.
Thanks Fred. Great stuff.
Regards
Chip
Well done Chip. Why did you do the radiator job? Was the radiator damaged, og was it part of Valve Clearance inspection.

I still need some work at the keyboard before the remaining articles for valve clearance inspection are finished. That will be articles about tank cover, tank lifting, air cleaner, valve cover and valve clearance inspection.

Cheers ... Fred

#9 ·
Radiator repair

Gday Fred
The tube on the right hand side had been squashed by something. The tube was oval and leaked coolant.

We have a really good radiator repair shop in Sydney (about 3 hours form me) so for $40, she's as good as new.

BTW for NSW folk, the shop is Better Radiator Repairs in Lidcombe. They fixed my SP1 radiator years ago and it's as good as new too.
Tell them Fireblades.org sent you.:evilaugh:

Regards
Chip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.