Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so when I put the bike in the ON position the FI light comes on but right when it turns off the MIL comes on solid then when the bike starts no lights are on(FI, MIL). Is this normal? I saw that when the light stays solid that means there might be a bad/faulty connection with the ecm. If this is true then where do I start from here? Not sure if this helps but the bike is a pretty hard starter.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will probably change the plugs soon but a new problem has come up. When the bike starts the MIL light does one short blink. Also when it reaches operating temp if I rev the motor and when it starts to come down it stops at 2000 rpm. Then there is a kind of a mechanical click and the the rpms go back down to normal idle speed. Any ideas? Thanks, James

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked out the MAP sensor and it was a little loose in the airbox but all the wires and connections looked good. Do these MAP sensors go out regularly? Also would the wrong map cause my idling problem? I have a HTEV eliminator and a D&D slip on but only have the HTEV eliminator map on right now.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Hmm, theyre not the same sensor, but i think have similar connectors, ive heard of people switching these and i doubt that they were mashing two non-matching elements together.

IAT is on the airbox, while the MAP is just bolted to the airbox. (again, lower rear right)

Do you have a manual?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.