Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 94 cbr900rr that is stuttering when I give it throttle. It started when I fouled the plugs trying to start it with a low battery. After replacing the plugs and the fuel filter I cranked it up and when I went to take off it was popping and would not clear out. I pulled the plugs out and checked them again and they were dry. It will start fine but you can hear the miss. If anyone knows of a possible cause I would appriciate any help. Thanks

·
Registered
567 Posts
I've got a 94 cbr900rr that is stuttering when I give it throttle. It started when I fouled the plugs trying to start it with a low battery. After replacing the plugs and the fuel filter I cranked it up and when I went to take off it was popping and would not clear out. I pulled the plugs out and checked them again and they were dry. It will start fine but you can hear the miss. If anyone knows of a possible cause I would appriciate any help. Thanks
Why was the battery low? Had it been sitting for a long time?

Did you check the gap on the new plugs before you installed them?

You need to take each plug out, reconnect it to its plug wire, ground the threaded portion of the plug to the frame, crank it over and make sure you have a good spark to start with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts