Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 cbr 1000rr and it started to bog, and have bad throttle response.
Then it turned into a misfire. I have checked the injector wires, my ecm power commander, and just replaced plugs yesterday.
As I pulled plugs from cylinder 4-2 it seems as if there was I burnt fuel dripping off the plug. Cylinder 1 was fine. I temped the headers 4-2 are at about 470 while 1 is at 540. The bike has 7504 miles on it, any help is very appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)

·
Banned
474 Posts
Literally, let the engine run for 2 long seconds or less. Take the temp gun and see which pipe stayed cold? That's a compression problem, you have spark an it's dripping fuel. Get it? You met 3 start variables and it shows you have both, but were is C in all this?

Misfire = How dirty is the A/C element to cause a too rich condition and misfire the plugs. You figure you have 2 coils and if the one coil can spark the one plug, there is spark out that other side of the coil or it won't fire one? No, it's a wire in and wire out jobber. It fails, both inside fail. Make sense?

·
Banned
474 Posts
They all have spark going through.
And how much did each pipe temp out at? I've got spark, do I have [enough] fuel or is it misfiring at a cold, clogged setting is say an injector being a hit and miss and now a cold check would either send you to a dead end and move on or something is not firing fuel wise.

Signed,
NOLTT (no on listens to turtle)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have switched injectors and my coils around.
1-3 are at 580 or so and 4 is at 380.
Any ideas? And checked for ohms both are registering good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts