Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm missing one very long allen bolt (maybe 4 inches long) from the hi mount hindle kit I got. It's to mount the passenger foot peg over and out far enough to clear the exhaust. I went to Ace Hardware to get another. They have the right kind, but about 1/4 inches to short. Hindle's parts list doesn't list it. Where else can I get this bolt?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
redwhite929rr said:
Contacted through email. We'll see.

Anyone have set laying around they didn't use?

can you give me some info on the size and all, will see if I can get it fast for ya!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hickory Bolt and Tool down on Tate Bvld will have the part.

:rotfl:

Seriously, a specialty store may have it or any machine shop can make one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kirby said:
Hickory Bolt and Tool down on Tate Bvld will have the part.

:rotfl:

Seriously, a specialty store may have it or any machine shop can make one.
Yes, machine shop. You just gave me an idea. Thanks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Any old bolt at the hardware store will work. You're talking about the muffler-to-passenger peg bolt, right? My Hindle system didn't even come with one. I bought one because the stock bolt was too short.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If none of the previous ideas work out, check out www.mcmaster.com

As long as you know the diameter and pitch, you can get about damn near anything you want.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Do you have any dedicated "bolt and nut" retailers nearby? Here, I have several to choose from and you can find just about anything at these places. Plus, the great part is, the several times I've needed just one or two items they refused to take my money and just gave them to me. :)

Also, like Gearhead mentioned, McMaster-Carr has EVERYTHING - take a gander at their voluminous catalog, it's probably (maybe?) available online. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts