Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm replacing my head gasket on my 900 RRS and I've been sent a Vesrah 3 layer steel gasket (with the layers held together with rivets). It looks plain with no coatings on the layers. Do I need to use any type of sealant on the surfaces when rebuilding the head ?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hi,

I'm replacing my head gasket on my 900 RRS and I've been sent a Vesrah 3 layer steel gasket (with the layers held together with rivets). It looks plain with no coatings on the layers. Do I need to use any type of sealant on the surfaces when rebuilding the head ?
I don't know about the Vesrah MLS gasket. Didn't even know they make MLS head gaskets but i have Wisecos (manufactured by Cometic) MLS head gasket on my 954 and i installed it without sealent to very clean surfaces. The head surface was machined and the casing surface i polished with 4000 grid wet sanding pillow and cleaned very thoroughly after machinings and polishing and installed dry. My dyno guy said i should sprayed this to bouth surfaces of the gasket:

But Cometic says it should be installed dry on clean machined surfaces with very smooth finish:

http://www.cometic.com/technical.aspx

Mine has held up fine but the engine is driven 1500km:s after the re-build.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts