Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just made a bunch of beef Jerky. About 10lbs* worth. Marinated half of it in Dales sauce for 24 hours and the other half in Tabasco for the same... :yumyum: :flame: Now I cant wait until deer season comes in so I can make some venison jerky as well.

Just thought Id share. If anyone comes through area code 37122 on their Sunday ride, Ill share.
Chris

*net weight before cooking...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
:idunno: :huh:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
NinerPilot said:
Nope, just fat fingers.... Hit the Enter key instead of the Shift...
Chris
If you were any sort of real friend you'd make up to MedTech and I by mailing some to us. After all, your post was terribly confusing at first.
:D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hooked?? I don't understand? :D Send me the recipe and I'll give it a try. I've actually upgraded to a 12 tray dehydrator. Much easier than the oven method.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what Im talking about!!!! My recipe is easy.... For spicy, marinate in Tabasco for 24hours, then sprinkle with a cajun seasoning of your choice before drying. I also do a terryaki marinade that I dry with Pineapples to givew it even more of a sweet flavor.

I have always used the dehydrator, though right now, I only have the standard 4 racks. Before Deer season gets here and Im up to my eyeballs in meat, Ill order some new racks.
Chris

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
teriyaki is by far my fav. What do you use for the teriyaki marinade. What cut of meat do you find makes the best beef jerky? I've tried a few different cuts but still haven't found anything perfect yet.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Here is a combo

Soy
Brown Sugar
Garlic Powder
Hot Sauce
Liquid Smoke..... just a little it goes a looooonnnnng way

Sirloin Tip is awesome.... use it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts