Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 929 with yoshimura bolt on titanium can, HAAS eliminator, and a power commander. Haas motorsports sent me a map for those parts but I have a seriously lopey idle. I was wondering if anyone has modified a map and had it work out better, or if there is a better map to use? I dont have a lot of experience with the power commanders so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
847 Posts
The only way to really get a map suited for your setup is to have a map created on your bike, on a dyno. The 929s are notorious for being "all over the place" stock. 5-10 hp difference from one 929 to another is common in stock form.

The one thing you could try was to load the map you have now in the Power Commander's software and see what settings it is using for idle. Is your idle lopey because it's set too low? You could try zeroing out the idle values and seeing if the idle improves. Just write down or save your original map so you can always go back.

But to do it right, y ou need to have your bike dyno tuned.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
At one time Dan Kyle recommended for me to set the 0% throttle numbers to -10 or was it +10, either way you can try it and go with whichever works better. It will not harm anything playing with the numbers at or around idle. You would probably be safe going up from 500 - 2000 rpm with the -10 or +10. Good luck!

·
Registered
381 Posts
try some other map, like stock or something, when you find the one that works best, check the numbers at idle area and copy them to your HASS map, that way you can have good idle and all that....

JakeT

·
Registered
167 Posts
Good luck with the lopey idle. I have the same issue. When the bike and air temp are hot, it is less prevalent. I tinkered with the map and it never changed. I think the 929 cam profile causes it. I had a Honda mechanic tell me that without the HTEV and flapper valve to regulate the backpressure and airflow...even at idle...the cams profile causes that wobble in the idle. Listen to a heavily cammed car or bike without any backpressure device and they kinda thump thump thump at idle. So...it sounds reasonable to me. But hey...WTF do I know about cam profiles..LOL :idunno:

just what I was told. :D

Also...a buddy with the HAAS elim was working with with HAAS to correct it and they could not get it to go away completely. Keep in mind....there is a V.2 map now available for the elim. minor differences but you may want to shoot them a note and aske for it. I'll see if I have it. If I do...I'll email it to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts