Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

has anyone cut the baffle plate out of a stock can? if so what were the results like? more top end? any loss of midrange? I would think the HTEV would take care of back pressure issues, obviously the pc would need a new map to make the most of it.

I'm just after a bit more noise

any input is appreciated

cheers
Ben.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The only reason I removed mine was so my Two Brother's slip-on would fit. Sorry, no noticable gain in power with the slip or the cone cut off. Instead of worrying about trying to gain a few HP, just go out and ride.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
You're very likely to make the bike sound like sh!t and it's very unlikely that you'll find any gains in power whatsoever. Even well engineered, straight-through 'race' type bolt-on canisters only net a couple hp extra on top.

If you want the bike to sound better, simply save your pennies and get yourself a decent can when you can afford it.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Tank69 : The only reason I removed mine was so my Two Brother's slip-on would fit.  Sorry, no noticable gain in power with the slip or the cone cut off.  Instead of worrying about trying to gain a few HP, just go out and ride.
You're talking about the cone, and he's talking about the baffle plate; two very different things.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
righto not worth the hassle then.

I'll leave it stock in that case- thanks for saving me the hassle of finding out the hard way

Ben.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts