Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
There was a guy on ebay selling a kit with a vfr 800 single sided swingarm pre-modded to fit with a 954rr, and came with a wheel. It was hard to find but was available before... but now I am not having good luck finding it. I found one listing for a conversion that came off a 929, not sure if that would fit: HONDA VFR SINGLE SIDED SWINGARM AND RARE 8 SPOKE REAR WHEEL CONVERSION CBR 929RR | eBay

There are guides online on how to do this... you can find vfr 800 swingarms on the cheap on ebay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a guy on ebay selling a kit with a vfr 800 single sided swingarm pre-modded to fit with a 954rr, and came with a wheel. It was hard to find but was available before... but now I am not having good luck finding it. I found one listing for a conversion that came off a 929, not sure if that would fit: HONDA VFR SINGLE SIDED SWINGARM AND RARE 8 SPOKE REAR WHEEL CONVERSION CBR 929RR | eBay

There are guides online on how to do this... you can find vfr 800 swingarms on the cheap on ebay.
Thank you! My Mechanic found the guy on ebay you are talking about. He is in the UK. Funny he actually got in touch with me today.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice! Yeah I was thinking about going down that road, myself. I even had an extra swingarm from a VFR 800 w/ wheel from a spare parts bike. But we're moving and things had to get cleared out. The only reservation for me is I think the swingarm itself on the VFR 800 is a little ugly. The right paint could fix that though I am sure. But I love the single sided look and ease of use. Especially with a high mount exhaust. Hope to see pics of yours when it's all done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! Yeah I was thinking about going down that road, myself. I even had an extra swingarm from a VFR 800 w/ wheel from a spare parts bike. But we're moving and things had to get cleared out. The only reservation for me is I think the swingarm itself on the VFR 800 is a little ugly. The right paint could fix that though I am sure. But I love the single sided look and ease of use. Especially with a high mount exhaust. Hope to see pics of yours when it's all done.
Yes! I lucked up on a high mount pipe when I wasn't even looking for one, and I jumped on it like Bees to honey as they are hard to come by. LOL When it's all done, I will submit pictures.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes! I lucked up on a high mount pipe when I wasn't even looking for one, and I jumped on it like Bees to honey as they are hard to come by. LOL When it's all done, I will submit pictures.
Also, I agree with you on the high mount exhaust, plus the single sided swing arm, it should come out awesome. Great minds think alike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts