Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys and girls im sure the majority of you have this problem...a tick sound from the engine from idle and then at 4 to 5k rpm range it starts to flutter/rattle

i've had the same problem with my 99 gixxer before and I am 85% certain that it is a bad auto CCT. when i pulled it apart, alas, the auto CCT expanded out and refuses to contract. this was due to the tighter cam chain needed at higher rpms. my theory is the only people that does not have this ticking problem are people that never ripped it over 10k rpm. anyways i am going to opt for the manual cct. the only problem here is you cannot go above 6k rpm or else the timing will be off (since it's manual).

i am going to order a Manual CCT and will take pictures of the installation. the auto cct is junk.

They seemed to have fixed this problem b/c the new models use a ratcheting type auto cct.

I think the ops should make a stickey on the forum about this. i know the gixxer forum had a sticky teaching people how to install this piece.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Can't rip it above 6K rpm's with a manual CCT? I don't think so. Take it up to redline once and while and you should never have a problem. Just have to pull the valve cover off and recheck the adjustment every few thousand miles. On the new APE brand manual tensioner there is a spec, call out, for chain lash... adjust it so your on the looser side of that call out, not the tighter side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts