Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, while I'm sitting here in Kuwait, dreaming of riding again... this has been bugging me for a while.

I admit, I have a mohawk - I think they look cool. But I've gotten a lot of criticism for wearing it! "you're a poser" "that looks gay" etc...i don't get all the hostility for them.

I went on a memorial ride for a fellow rider who died in Arizona, and everyone wore the mohawk in memory of him, that's where I got it originally. I liked how it looked and kept it.

what's the general consensus? i attached a couple pics of myself w/ the dreaded hawk

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Honestly, I am not 'anti-mohawk' but I just don't get it. I mean really, there is no legitimate reason and I am one of those "if I don't make me go faster, corner tighter, or brake sooner I don't need it" kind of people. Leathers, gloves, boots, pants...yes, you 'need' those. Mohawk? Serves no real useful purpose. Seems like it would probably make noise in the wind, and take up more space when you are putting your helmet away. I mean if it floats your boat, go for it. I mean, I don't think it looks gay or anything. It's just not my style.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, it definitely serves no functional purpose, but then again most paint schemes don't. if they did, we'd all ride bright orange reflective bikes and wear bright orange reflective jackets! i just like the look of it (aesthetics)...not really for any functional reason

·
Registered
25 Posts
I assume it has a sentimental value to you so it shouldn't matter what others think.

Since you asked, I've always thought they look rather cool - and it suits your bike and gear too which is a bonus.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Well I don't like them myself and would not wear one, but if others choose to then it's none of my business - each to their own.

I'm not a fan of those stick-on ears either!

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
I'm not a fan of those stick-on ears either!
Note to Mrs Destructo.. Buy Mr Destructo a pair of stick on ears and take a photo and post it on here for us to see :D

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
:lmao: it's take more than Mrs.D to get some of those stuck to my lid! :rotfl:
:hmm: There's always the UK meet if you come this year.. I'm sure some of the lads wouldn't mind 'helping' me put some of them on your helmet for a photo :evilaugh:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
:hmm: There's always the UK meet if you come this year.. I'm sure some of the lads wouldn't mind 'helping' me put some of them on your helmet for a photo :evilaugh:
LOL yeah no doubt a bit of superglue might accidentally find it's way on to the suction cups as well eh? :rotfl: :mad:

Whaaat???? are you serious? :eek:
Yep - they are the sort of thing that's funny for 5 minutes, but then the joke is done. They've been around for, what, 5-10 years now?

But that's only my opinion - if they have been around that long then someone likes them. And don't forget UK tastes can be very different from those over the pond.

I had a word Mrs Destrcto and she sent me this
Hey! That's my passport photo!

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
LOL yeah no doubt a bit of superglue might accidentally find it's way on to the suction cups as well eh? :rotfl: :mad:
:hmm: Even I wouldn't be that mean :(

Just a photo of you with them on your crash helmet would be enough :thumb::rotfl:

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
:plus1: on not a fan of the Mohawks......

but then I used to have a foxes brush on the back of mine, much to the discust of my X*:evilaugh:

so If you like it... KEEP IT!:D

*she was well into the anti hunt scene.. and never liked it.... even more so when she found out it was REAL!:rotfl:

·
Registered
44 Posts
i'm all about individuality. i see plenty of people do things i wouldn't do myself, but that doesn't mean i need to judge them for it -- i rather appreciate the fact that everyone's not like me. wear it with pride.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I dont like them because i recognize the mohawk to be a part of punk-rock culture, and everyone i've met that has one on their helmet cant name a punk band.

Different strokes for different folks, but i was the kid putting glue in my hair to get it to stand straight up every morning. i got in to fights over my mohawk and now they are cool. thats the only reason i get pissed when i see em, but i dont get pissed at the people wearing them.

oh and i know that mohawks are originally from american indians, and i would understand if they were pissed about all the punks stealing their hair style haha

·
Registered
940 Posts
well back to the subject lol i think the Mohawks are to grab peoples attention so they can see you so if they see you they probably wont hit you

1 - 20 of 58 Posts