Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With that in mind....

What's with the little wrist band thingy around the brake reservoir? Does it serve any purpose? Or is it an 'I wanna be Valentino Rossi' thing? just kidding about the Vale Rossi comment.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Keeps the hot, overflowing brake fluid from spraying everywhere.

Oh, and your mom lied to you

·
Registered
46 Posts
Repsol_69 : With that in mind....

What's with the little wrist band thingy around the brake reservoir? Does it serve any purpose? Or is it an 'I wanna be Valentino Rossi' thing?  just kidding about the Vale Rossi comment.
sunlight is bad for brake fluid.

In the words of Abtech. 'Pour yourself a glass of Molsen Canadian and hold it up to your brake reservoir, if the brake fluid is a different color...change it. (feel free to consume said Molsen during the process)'

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Besides the obvious UV filtration capability, it saves the track and your tires (and maybe your paint job as well) in the event you crash and either pop the cap or puncture the reservoir.

BTW Mark, It's Molson Canadian (let's get it right!!&#33.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have one on my bike, since putting it on my brake fluid lasts much longer before going brown.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Interesting - and all this time I just thought that thing was for the bling-bling factor . I have gleaned yet another nugget of wisdom from the .org...

·
Registered
276 Posts
abtech : BTW Mark, It's Molson Canadian (let's get it right!!&#33.
man thats good beer

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Your mom was not quite right, the saying goes, 'There's no such thing as a stupid question, only inquisitive idiots.'
[Edit: I just re-read this post... I hope everyone knows I was just kidding here. There really are no dumb questions.]

As for Molson... Yeah, you better get that right.  Don't confuse Canadian with Molson Export or Molson Dry or Molson Genuine draft... the others are poo.

(Try Labatt Blue...)

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
nomad : Your mom was not quite right, the saying goes, 'There's no such thing as a stupid question, only inquisitive idiots.'

As for Molson... Yeah, you better get that right.  Don't confuse Canadian with Molson Export or Molson Dry or Molson Genuine draft... the others are poo.

(Try Labatt Blue...)
I was just going to ask in Blue was an acceptable replacement. Love it!

This whole brake fluid thing is interesting. Is it true, or are you all pulling my leg? Sounds reasonable so if your giving us a 'muffler bearings' line, it's a pretty good one.

Where does someone get said HRC wristband?

HD

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
It at least makes it difficult to assess the quality of your brake fluid when it gets dark. Using the sock (I have always used hair ties or wrist bands) keeps the fluid from turning dark from exposure to sunlight.

The biggest detriment to brake fluid is moisture and other contaminents, as they reduce the fluids' boiling point, and under track conditions can break down into their respective composite elements which include air (not a good thing to have in your brake lines).

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Chain : Quote (abtech @ July 17 2003, 11:03pm)Besides the obvious UV filtration capability <snip>
Is the UV factor really a significant issue? Serious question here.

Cultivate my brain, abtech.  
Wow, is this really happening? Is Chain looking for a legitimate excuse to add more color (in this case a rainbow-colored hair scrunchy) to his bike?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
2OHOH2954 : Wow, is this really happening? Is Chain looking for a legitimate excuse to add more color (in this case a rainbow-colored hair scrunchy) to his bike?

·
Registered
682 Posts
So your Mother said you were 'special' but I think my Mom said I was a 'surprise' & feel there is a slight difference. LOL

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
firedawgon929 : Quote (2OHOH2954 @ July 18 2003, 5:38am)Wow, is this really happening? Is Chain looking for a legitimate excuse to add more color (in this case a rainbow-colored hair scrunchy) to his bike?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts