Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
I would think it would be in Canadian funds and while the answer is likely yes the hassle factor would be high. Smaller banks might not accept it, there would be hold period, and might be a conversion fee at some of the large crookish banks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Being a banker....

there should be small print somewhere on the fron that says "payable through....usually somewhere in New York or Minnesota." Otherwise it could be up to 30 days to collect the money from your bank.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The monney was givin to the post office, there is no need to take the monney in no ones account, and I just called the post office, the asured me that with proper id the money order can be changed either at a post office or major bank anywhere... so you are a banker...

itsdesignateddave said:
Being a banker....

there should be small print somewhere on the fron that says "payable through....usually somewhere in New York or Minnesota." Otherwise it could be up to 30 days to collect the money from your bank.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Wifey told me she issued a bank draft in US Funds to a client who was buying a US car and the bank this dude (guy selling the car) dealt with in Indiana (I think) refused it. That suprised my wife so she called the American arm of her bank and they said they would have no issues with it.

Purpose of this:

A bank draft is supposed to be same as cash but someone didn't understand it or something, I don't know. I have sent money orders many times in USD (I buy them at the Post Office) and have never heard of the recipient having any issues.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If the CAN mo was purchased in US funds, it should say "US Funds" on the MO, the US PO will cash it.
A bank may charge a conversion fee if you try the MO with them, even though its in US funds..
Something about the CAN routing numbers being longer than the US Banks routing numbers.

PO to PO "OK"
PO to BANK "NO"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts