Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
If it's true that's way to late.... :censored:

But they better release something that is ready than a bike that still need some tweaking... but with their resource I still think it's way too late

·
Banned
127 Posts
this is gay if its true, but what does honda care, i dont see yamaha and suzuki and kawasaki making a trillion dollars a years selling cars left and right, motorcycle sales aint shit to honda, and they make a quality product, quit yer bitchin, buy a yamaha, ride it and sell it if you like tha honder more when they bother to put it out, for real, who cares? thats what ima do

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Honda has yet to let me down, (other then the get use to it look of the new 1000RR) I'm still hope they're holding back for a "Grand" entrance. HP will be off the charts and handling will be best ever for a production bike.

Why else would they wait so long for a release date of June?:idunno:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Interesting opinions on "motorush", one and all. Who knows what Honda has up its sleeve? That is sorta like trying to figure out what our government is up to. :rolleyes: Rest assured that Honda knows what it is doing...

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hard to say, it does feel as if Honda is slipping. Then again, it'll be very difficult (in the foreseeable future) to be able to shock the world like they did with the original Blade. The other bike manufacturers have all caught up.

V5 for the street is about the only thing that would freak me out now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My German dealer promised to deliver my new bike at the end of Mar.
Hopefully this is true. Othervise :chainsaw:

·
Registered
102 Posts
CBR1000RR delivery

I hate to say it, but essentially the "link" maybe true. We have not been able to order the CBR1000's as of today. My manager is being told that the first of December is when orders will be accepted by Honda. Last year we placed orders for the 600rr in October/delivery in April-May of this year. If the pattern holds true, with orders in Dec + 6 months; May/June 2004 looks to follow the same pattern. Non the less, we won't know until we can order the bikes.
Sugoi8

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
I think Honda's just giving everyone who's bought another '04 a chance to realize that they've bought a POS, so they'll turn around and sell it for the CBR :D

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Re: CBR1000RR delivery

ND, all that sexual tension between you and Alexandra is getting to your brain. No one that buys an R1 will ever trade it for anything. It will be the best bike ever made, and will be impossible to top!!! Haven't you learned yet?
Man, why don't you two just get a room and go at it, then you might start thinking clearly. :) :cheers: :deal:

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Re: Re: CBR1000RR delivery

BDA116 said:
ND, all that sexual tension between you and Alexandra is getting to your brain. No one that buys an R1 will ever trade it for anything. It will be the best bike ever made, and will be impossible to top!!! Haven't you learned yet?
Man, why don't you two just get a room and go at it, then you might start thinking clearly. :) :cheers: :deal:
:rotfl: Soon you will be in the stable next to Pete.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for that link fullforce. i kinda like this reply:

Most squids and half arsed engineers will tell you that since F=MA then for for maximum acceleration you need as much force and as little mass as possible. Honda engineers are a bit more advanced that this, they know that F is limited by both mass*X plane C of G (in the case of wheelies) and mass*tyre adhesion coefficient (in the case of wheelspin). By having a (slightly) heavier bike it follows that 0-60 times will actually be lower on the Honda as more tractive force can be put down on the tarmac. This will also mean that Honda is more ridable, as you won't flip the bike as easily.

p.s. i like the fat lil 600rr. :hyper:

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
freq said:

p.s. i like the fat lil 600rr. :hyper:
Mostly because it doesn't feel fat! I've sat on my 929 at the dealership which is 9lbs heavier, but feels like it's 30lbs! It's all about the distribution. I have no doubt that the CBR1000 has a chance at winning the 2004 MOTY award

·
Registered
30 Posts
ND4SPD said:
Mostly because it doesn't feel fat! I've sat on my 929 at the dealership which is 9lbs heavier, but feels like it's 30lbs! It's all about the distribution. I have no doubt that the CBR1000 has a chance at winning the 2004 MOTY award
That's probably because the dealer doesn't have gas, oil or battery in the bike so it it 30lbs. If the cbr1000 wins MOTY I'll once again make the bold promise to blow a goat on the 50 yard line at half time of a missouri football game. I hope the 2005 blade doesn't get delayed cause they aren't finished with the anti gravity gyros.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts